[Support request] My IP is blocked?

Home Forums Support [Support request] My IP is blocked?

Home Forums Support My IP is blocked?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anita

I tried to search for how to upload a profile image and got an Access denied. I earlier searched a different topic with no trouble. Am I not supposed to ask this question? Confused!

Anita

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Anita, thats odd, maybe just a server issue at the time of searching. If you want to have a profile image on this forum – it uses the WP dot com Gravatar.

Anita

Hi David!

Thanks for responding. I’ll try it again. I use Gravatar for other sites, so I’m familiar with it. Just not finding it easy to do here. I can’t find my way back to where I can upload the image – which took me a long while to find yesterday. Should’ve bookmarked it! Anyway, I click on edit profile, but editing the image isn’t visible as the rest of it is. Clicking on the image doesn’t open up a way to upload a picture.

If you could kindly guide me to where I’m supposed to go to do this, I’d be so gratefully happy!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There isn’t actually a way to upload a picture here on this site.

The forum avatars use the email address connected to your user account, and pull the avatar from Gravatar. The email address you’re using here has to match one of addresses associated with your avatar on http://gravatar.com/.

Let me know if this makes sense or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Anita

Makes sense Tom! Thanks! I’ve edited my email to match what I’m using on Gravatar. Does it show up on its own after a while? Or is there something else I have to do first?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should happen pretty quickly. Make sure the email in Gravatar matches the one you’re using here perfectly. Then make sure there’s an image set for that email in Gravatar ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.