[Resolved] My blog scores 18 out of 100 in page speed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] My blog scores 18 out of 100 in page speed

Home Forums Support My blog scores 18 out of 100 in page speed

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nacho

Hello Tom,

I´ve just installed GP and I was wondering if you could help with my blog speed since it´s really really slow. It scores 18 out of 100 in mobile and 63 in desktop.

Thank you so much Tom.

Sebastian

Hi Nacho,

there are so many possible reasons:

• images and scripts not optimized
    • script “overload”
    • slow server
    • no browser caching
    • and so on…

You can find the details in the report.

Look also here: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Nacho

Hello Sebastian,

I´ve seen in gtmetrix that I´ve a 3.5s of waiting time.

Do you know if this is because of the server?

Thanks a lot.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Pingdom gives us a nice area for file requests that can answer a lot of questions: https://tools.pingdom.com

Check out the “File Requests” section once you scan your website. Most of the load time is coming directly from your server. I would make sure you’re using quality hosting, and even ask them to upgrade you to PHP 7.

Nacho

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I thing my hosting has some kind of a problem but if you check my site made in RapidWeaver which is the same URL but without the /blog, it´s in the same hosting but no wordpress so it´s really weird.

Do you have any other suggestion based on that?

Thank you so much and have a good day.

Nacho

Also,

I´ve seen that if you put the “read more” as a button in the button URL there is a “#more-1876”. What is that for? and does it affect to something like SEO or anything?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

WordPress itself is pretty heavy, so good hosting is needed. PHP 7 will speed up your site considerably.

As for the more button, you can remove that anchor like this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_more_jump/

Nacho

Hello Tom,

I´ve just set the PHP to the 7.2 and it speeds up a little bit for sure, so thank you so much for that suggestion.

About the more button, what does the anchor does? I thought it was supposed to go straight to that section of the blog post but it does not, so what is that for?

Thanks a lot Tom.

Nacho

Hi Tom,

I´ve another question regarding CSS. I´ve heard that I can modify the CSS right from the customize in WordPress without losing the CSS when you update the theme, is that right?

Also, as a non coder, is the customizer right in WordPress the right place to modify the CSS of the theme?

Thanks a lot.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The more anchor takes you to the place within the content where the excerpt left off. So if you click more, you’ll go straight to the part of the text where you stopped reading.

Yes, you can use the Additional CSS section in the Customizer, or you can use a plugin like Simple CSS.

Nacho

Hello Tom,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.