[Resolved] Multisite single registration

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Multisite single registration

Home Forums Support Multisite single registration

• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ted

Is there anyway to setup GP Premium so that I enter they key just once for all sites in a multisite install. I’ve network enabled the plugin, but it appears the key is required for each site in the install.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ted,

I’m afraid not – it’s a WordPress limitation more than anything else.

I find with multi site it’s much more efficient to just overwrite the plugin using FTP – that way it updates on all of the sites in one go.

Ted

What I’m referring to is the add-ons. As it sits, if I network enable the add-ons plugin, the settings show for individual sites. Each individual site must enter the key to enable the add-ons functionality in the customizer.

What I was looking for was a way to enter the key once and it works on all sites in the multi-site install. Some plugins use a setting inside the network admin area (WPMU DEV, Beaver Builder) and some use a DEFINE(‘XXXX’, ‘key_value); inside of the wp-config.php file (Akismet Enterprise, Gravity Forms).

Even if this type of functionality were added to a new Agency/Developer type of license, I would be happy to upgrade to it. Maybe what I’m asking for is something that would be more of a feature request.

These days, there are a lot of people starting to build WP based competitors to SquareSpace, Wix, etc… that would like to be able to add functionality to themes that they offer as GP Add-ons does, without the users needing to go out and get their own license.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good idea, I’ll see if that’s possible with the licensing system I’m using.

These days, there are a lot of people starting to build WP based competitors to SquareSpace, Wix, etc… that would like to be able to add functionality to themes that they offer as GP Add-ons does, without the users needing to go out and get their own license.

The trouble with this is people are basically re-selling GP Premium to their clients after paying me $40 once (for lifetime usage). Encouraging users to purchase their own license not only gives them access to GP Premium for their others projects, it also supports me (I’m a one man team) and my family, allowing me to focus all of my time and energy into GP.

Ted

As I said, I would be more than happy to upgrade to a Developer/Agency version. Most companies offering this range from $250/Lifetime to $199/year. I’m a one man development shop as well so I do understand making money.

I like your theme and what it offers with the add-ons. Simply put though, as a developer, I look for the way that I can do work for my clients with the least amount of resistance to their needs. I have several themes/plugins that allow me to re-use. One of the worst things I can do to a client is to say, I’ll build you a website, but first you need to go to vendor A, B, C and D to buy their plugins before I can get started.

Here’s some examples of other WP theme/plugin sites that are doing quite well using that sort of model.
    http://cobaltapps.com/dynamik-website-builder-pricing/
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/join.php
    http://www.gravityforms.com/purchase-gravity-forms/
    https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/pricing/
    https://thrivethemes.com/membership-pricing/

Again, I like what you have to offer and I want to see you succeed and I’m willing to be your first agency client even. Those sites above are all doing really well, and your theme with the add-ons is a fantastic competitor with how customizable it is.

If you have a mailing list or Facebook group, I would encourage you to setup a poll to see how many would upgrade if you offered such a thing. If you get more than 10 results, you’ve got a golden opportunity.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, we’ve had a discussion going on about this over here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/business-model/

You just gave me an idea.

What if there was the $39.95 GP Premium which was a one time fee that you could use on unlimited of your own websites.

Then an Agency option for $xx with a yearly renewal (50% off the price), which you could use on all of your client websites. The agency option would have the ability to add your license key to wp-config.php, and would also white label GP Premium so the client couldn’t see the “Appearance > GeneratePress” page.

I’m just spitballing here, but it seems like the above would kind of offer a solution to what you’re talking about and what we were talking about in the Business Model thread.

Would definitely be interested in hearing what people thought of something like this 🙂

Ted

That thread is pretty much what I’m talking about. What I’m going to do is pretty much copy/paste my comment above to that thread, with maybe a little more.

A thought for you though, take a look at Beaver Builder and how they are working their model. It really is working good

Ron

We’ve been actively promoting GP & GP Premium to all of our licensees; if fact, we’re so heavily invested in promoting GP that we’ve built many of our plugins based on GP styles and GP Premium functions. In fact, until just a few moments ago we hadn’t signed up for the Affiliate program; but, rather we were integrating with GP because it just worked so much better than any other theme we tested with our plugins.

That said, we are rolling out a new app that will be hosted solely within a multisite network and we’d like to integrate GP Premium across the entire network. We’d prefer a white-label option, but it’s not a deal breaker since our app is only available on our network.

What is the best way to activate GP Premium as the network admin for the entire network?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can activate the individual add-ons inside GP Premium inside your wp-config.php file:

define( 'GENERATE_BACKGROUNDS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_BLOG', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_COLORS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_COPYRIGHT', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_DISABLE_ELEMENTS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_HOOKS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_IMPORT_EXPORT', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_PAGE_HEADER', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SECONDARY_NAV', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SPACING', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_TYPOGRAPHY', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SECTIONS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_MENU_PLUS', true );

To deactivate an add-on, don’t set it to false, just delete or comment out the line.

Benjamin

I am slowly moving the child blogs on ScienceBlog.com to GP Premium. I’d like to hide the GP Hooks option from users, but allow them to adjust the Customize settings that come with GP Premium (typography, blog, etc.) Is there a function I’m not finding here in the Support posts that could accomplish this? Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a great question! Any chance you can create a new topic for it so it’s easier for others to find?

Thanks 🙂

Brian

This appears to not work anymore? I just tried on a multisite install and nothing got activated on the child sites.

define( 'GENERATE_BACKGROUNDS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_BLOG', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_COLORS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_COPYRIGHT', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_DISABLE_ELEMENTS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_HOOKS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_IMPORT_EXPORT', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_PAGE_HEADER', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SECONDARY_NAV', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SPACING', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_TYPOGRAPHY', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_SECTIONS', true );
    define( 'GENERATE_MENU_PLUS', true );
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That code should still work as it always has. Nothing has changed with the way modules are loaded.

Make sure the code is actually running network-wide and caches have been cleared.

Brian

I put it in the wp-config.php file in the root directory. Is there somewhere else it should be? I’m not the most experienced with multisite so this is a bit of uncharted territory for me. All caches have been cleared or disabled.

My code in wp-config: https://hawks.media/nOu8EYXk
    Addons showing as not activated: https://hawks.media/5zu1WDPx

It’s not working on either of the sites installed in this network.

“Make sure the code is actually running network-wide” – Sorry for my ‘newbness’ – but how do I make sure it is actually running?

I also turned debugging on and am not getting any errors either visually on the page or in console.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, that should work.

Are you sure they’re not enabled? If you go into the Customizer, do the options appear?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.