[Resolved] Multiple header elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Multiple header elements

Home Forums Support Multiple header elements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Karen

I am creating 4 elements to replace the header, they will be on different pages of the website so that images in the header can be different for some pages. I have a Generate blocks container with a 3 column grid in each.
    I created one then copied the code into the other three, changing the images and the location. This results in the unique ID for the generate blocks container being the same for all 4 elements. And all the unique ID’s for the grid being the same. This was the easy way to do it, so all the settings are the same. Is this going to cause problems?

I really like elements, they are so useful.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question so we can provide the best advise possible?

You can use the private information field:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Karen

I am working on upgrading the current site using a copy on my local computer. The local site is using the 4 different headers and it all looks fine. If there is any doubt, I can create each separately when I do this on the live site.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Karen,

Sounds like you only need one block element which dynamically pull the featured image from each page to achieve this.

Here’s the documentation of the block element – page hero, let me know if it’s not your case:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-page-hero/

Karen

No, not what I need. I not using the featured image, and I need the images in the header. I also need to be able to swap out the images as needed. What I have put together works fine on my local copy, I was just concerned about the unique IDs being the same since I was copying the code from the first element I created. I will just create each one on the live site.

Thanks for your help.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I was just concerned about the unique IDs being the same since I was copying the code from the first element I created

There’s no need to worry about this, as even they are using the same ID, but the CSS is generated by page, as long as they are not being used in the same page, it should be fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.