[Support request] Multi-language header logo redirects

Home Forums Support [Support request] Multi-language header logo redirects

Home Forums Support Multi-language header logo redirects

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tomasz

I have created a multi-language website based on Generate Press and Polylang. The problem I face right now is with setting the homepage logo so that it redirects in accordance with set (browser detected or chosen by the user) language. Currently, when I am on the Polish version and click on the logo I get redirected to the English version of the website, instead of being redirected straight to the Polish homepage.

Additional info:
    – English is set as the main language and hidden
    – Language detection is turned on.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try if this solution works for you?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/polylang-navigation-logo-linking/#post-481658

Tomasz

Leo, thanks for the reply. I saw this reply before posting my question. This solution works fine in terms of logo redirections but causes unwanted change in the url structure. All the English content gets “/en” added because information is no longer hidden for default (English) language. My goal is to avoid that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So I assume Tom’s PHP snippet in the same thread didn’t work either?

Tomasz

I tried this snippet (exactly as Tom had written it) but without success.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I just tried this out. Did you get it working? I went between languages and clicked the logo and the language didn’t change.

Tomasz

Tom, not seeing much hope I turned off “English is set as the main language and hidden” and now main – English – language is visible in the url. This is not my preferred option but currently, I don’t see any alternative. Apparently, it’s a known issue with Polylang.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you checked with their support yet? They might have a solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.