[Support request] Moving From Newspaper Theme to GP Questions

Home Forums Support [Support request] Moving From Newspaper Theme to GP Questions

Home Forums Support Moving From Newspaper Theme to GP Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Emmanuel

Hello,

I managed to migrate a site and the support I received here was awesome.

I have another site which is bigger (news site) that I need to move from Newspaper theme to GP. Seems Newspaper is slow and their support is not great.

I have a few questions/scenarios that I need your guidance before I make the move.

Here they are:

1. On my site which is multi-niche, I have customized everything including the Navigational menu. Each category has its own Navigational Menu with child categories. So when you visit a category, the Navigation is unique to only that category and its posts. Kind like a SILO. As in you will be in that microsite (category).

So my question: Can this be achieved on Generatepress?

2. The newspaper theme has a mobile theme plugin that works well with the official AMP plugin out of the box. My question: Does the official AMP plugin work with GP? Will it look like the responsive version of GP or take on the AMP look?

3. I use AdSense to monetize my traffic and the newspaper theme has slots for placing Adsense code that works also on AMP. I would like to know how this can be achieved in GP?

4. Again on categories, I have customized categories with Newspaper cloud templates. Is this something that can be achieved in GP?

I look forward to your response and hopefully migrate to GP in the coming days.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. GeneratePress itself isn’t built for this, but you can use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/conditional-menus/

2. You can use our AMP plugin: https://github.com/tomusborne/amp-for-generatepress

It integrates with the official plugin and will maintain the GP style on mobile.

3. You can place Adsense anywhere in GP. Our Elements module allows you to hook your ads in, or you can use widgets areas/your content itself.

4. Not too sure what you mean here, but GP keeps things very simple when it comes to archives.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.