[Resolved] moved GDad to BlueH, lost tables, and media, most plug-ins, etc. (Premium)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] moved GDad to BlueH, lost tables, and media, most plug-ins, etc. (Premium)

Home Forums Support moved GDad to BlueH, lost tables, and media, most plug-ins, etc. (Premium)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    terry gene

I zipped the old files, downloaded, then uploaded/unzipped to BH
    exported database into zip, then imported to BH.
    The import took many, many tries.

now, pictures are in the files (I can FTP/look at them) but don’t show up in WP/Media/library.
    custom.css is visible, but doesn’t affect anything.
    posts, pages only allow edit of content, but no metadata (who/what/when/etc.)

I tried the ‘debug” and get a complaint about ‘syzygyor_matryoschka.wp_fkdg6k7wm4_comments’ missing.

help!

terry gene

wow!!
    I turned on debug. using “Debug” – “Debug your blog, wordpress site and multisite with Soninow.”

decided to upload all my ‘lost’ pictures/media while waiting for debug assist, and wow!
    got this on each uploaded media.

WordPress database error: [Table ‘syzygyor_matryoschka.wp_fkdg6k7wm4_comments’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT comment_approved, COUNT( * ) AS total FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_comments GROUP BY comment_approved

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/syzygyor/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1402) in /home1/syzygyor/public_html/wp-admin/async-upload.php on line 35
    WordPress database error: [Table ‘syzygyor_matryoschka.wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (2695) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
    WordPress database error: [Table ‘syzygyor_matryoschka.wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta’ doesn’t exist]
    SELECT meta_id FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta WHERE meta_key = ‘_wp_attached_file’ AND post_id = 2695
    SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta
    SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (2695) ORDER BY meta_id ASC
    SELECT meta_id FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta WHERE meta_key = ‘_wp_attachment_metadata’ AND post_id = 2695
    SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM wp_fkdg6k7wm4_postmeta

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Manually migration can be very complicated, and has a lot of things that can go wrong.

You’re much better off using a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

arabsworks

Dear terry,
    From my migration experience you need to match the old and the new database like:
    (user name – database name – table Prefix – db charset)

Otherwise you will encounter consistency problem like the one you facing now.

terry gene

to arabsworks, sorry, I don’t have a clue what you’re trying to tell me. I exported and imported the DB from/to GD/BH. what do I do next?

to tom, thanks for the hint, but I found Duplicator to be full of “you just have to know what we don’t tell you” holes. The Pro version wasn’t much better. sorry.

terry gene

I’m marking this as resolved, BUT
    BUT a word to the wise.
    1. the wp-config.php file has to point to the correct SQL database. Blue Host (5 times) gave me the WRONG SQL server.
    2. GP Premium 1.43 stopped page load with ‘fatal errors.”
    * delete plugin
    * upload the zip file I had kept.
    * fixed, I assume.

I’m closing this, as I don’t want to drag this on.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – I’ve used the free version of Duplicator to move at least 10 websites from one host to another with no issues.

There’s a lot of other plugins out there for this as well. This is a super popular one: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

terry gene

Tom,
    I suspect that this is confirmation of “you just have to know what we don’t tell you” holes.
    anyway, thanks for providing GP and Premium

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.