[Resolved] Move 'remove' product icon and add Product name above thumbnail

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Move 'remove' product icon and add Product name above thumbnail

Home Forums Support Move 'remove' product icon and add Product name above thumbnail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wonzilla

Hi there,

Is there any way to change the position of the remove icon after the Total section and show the display name above the product thumbnail? Screenshot:
    https://ibb.co/RzLmFX3

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

without editing the templates, the simplest way to the move the product title would be this:

th.product-thumbnail::before{
        content: 'Product';
    }
    th.product-name {
        font-size: 0;
    }

Can you explain what you want to do with the ‘remove icon’ ?

wonzilla

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer! I want to move the icon after the Total section so that the product thumbnail appears first and the remove icon is the last on the list. I don’t like the way it looks right now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

to make those sorts of changes would require you to set-up a child theme, make a copy of the woocommerce templates and edit them in your child theme.

wonzilla

Can’t this be acquired with some custom code? I’ve read in the documentation that having a child theme isn’t really recommended.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No the woocommerce templates define the structure of the content. So its the only way to do this.
    We don’t not recommend a child theme, we just state it isn’t always necessary. In this case it is. Personally i would leave the templates alone, as Woo updates can break the functionality of the template, which you will have to maintain.

wonzilla

Got it, then I will leave it as it is right now. Thanks for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.