[Resolved] Move GenerateBlocks block to inside of a different block

Home Forums Support Move GenerateBlocks block to inside of a different block

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kristin

Hello, I’m trying out Gutenberg with GenerateBlocks. I want to move a top level container block to the inside of another container block, the latter of which would then become the parent of the block I moved.

The Gutenberg video tutorials show that when you select a block and hover to the LEFT of the block, an up arrow, down arrow, and a little dotted square pop up in that location.

I’m not seeing these 3 nav icons in the location in the video… rather only seeing the up and down arrows within the nav menu that pops up above the selected container. These up and down arrows work fine. But there is no dotted square to use for drag-and-drop. I’ve tried all 3 Gutenberg visual editor settings – Top Toolbar, Spotlight Mode, and Fullscreen Mode – but to no avail.

The “Move to” menu item doesn’t seem to work either, but I’d prefer the drag-and-drop if possible anyway. How can I do this in GeneratePress?

Walter

I had the same behavior but found out it had to do with the upgrade of WordPress to 5.5.
    In WordPress 5.5 you have to go the UP or DOWN arrow and hold it for a second, then you can drag & drop.

It is not very intuitive. Regards Walter

Kristin

wow that totally works! thank you! never in a million zillion years would’ve figured that out 😉

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, not sure what the thinking was there – hopefully they improve it.

Thanks for helping, Walter! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.