[Resolved] More customization options for BuddyPress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] More customization options for BuddyPress

Home Forums Support More customization options for BuddyPress

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, I have a request for more customization options for BuddyPress in GeneratePress Premium, especially for changing the colors in BuddyPress. None of the color options does affect BuddyPress elements.

Regards
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We tend to stay away from adding style support for third party plugin to make sure GP is not bloated as only a handful of people use them. WooCommerce is an exception as it has 4 millon + downloads, as opposed to BuddyPress at 200,000+.

What elements are you looking to change? If it’s simple then we can provide some CSS.

If you want color options, might be good to suggest to BuddyPress themselves.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Carsten

Hi Leo, that make perfectly sense, the reason I am asking is that there are a few customization options for BuddyPress already: General BP Settings, Member front page, member navigation, loop layouts and directory layouts.

Are there, btw, any documentation how to use loop layouts and directory layouts costumization?

Regards
    Carsten

Carsten

Hi, I think I can manage the css to change the colors, it’s probably more a mark up issue, I need help with.

I want BP profile fields in one column instead of two as it is now:

View post on imgur.com

A plugin developer suggested that this probably could be edited in the profile field loop in the theme:

The display is controlled by the theme and not the custom xprofile field type plugin. You will need to edit theme templates(or BuddyPress template pack templates) to achieve it.
    My suggestion will be to contact the theme author as ask on how to modify the profile field loop

Can this be edited in the theme template, or is it in the BP template pack I have to look for a solution?

How do I share user name and password, if you need to have a look at my site?

Regards
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Didn’t you figure out that it’s not theme dependent here?
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-two-column-table-layout-into-one-column/#post-748020

Plugin author often blames the theme.

Carsten

Sorry about that, I got the reply from the developer, and totally forgot I already had adressed this question to you once…

Regarding documentation on how to use loop layouts and directory layouts costumization, for BP Nouveau in the settings, here are options for setting columns – nothing comes up when I for BuddyPress on GP, are these settings not part of GeneratePress?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I’m not sure what settings you are referring to.

Doesn’t sounds like a part of GP though.

All the features that are part of GP should be included in our documentation.

Let me know if I’m missing something πŸ™‚

Carsten

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

This is why I thought the column could be a theme related issue after all:

View post on imgur.com

None of the above mentioned options are documented.

Please excuse me, but I had believed, so far, that all options under > Appearance > Customize were created by the theme, as these options changes from theme to theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve highlighted the options that are not from GP here:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/MKjprngDuP

Some of them are from WordPress directly and the others are from plugins themselves.

You can see lots of results when Googling “BuddyPress Nouvaeu” as well.

As I mentioned above, all the features that are part of GP should be included in our documentation:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/

Let me know if this is clear πŸ™‚

Carsten

Yes and no.

We tend to stay away from adding style support for third party plugin to make sure GP is not bloated as only a handful of people use them. WooCommerce is an exception

You highlighted WooCommerce but adds styling support for it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So Customize > WooCommerce is from WooCommerce itself (hence the options in that panel are not included in our documentation)

Customize > Layout > WooCommerce is from GP:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/

As for why WooCommerce was an exception, it’s because there are 4+ million users as I mentioned.

Hope this clears things up πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.