[Support request] “More’ button loads posts above, instead of below

Home Forums Support [Support request] “More’ button loads posts above, instead of below

Home Forums Support “More’ button loads posts above, instead of below

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jee

Hi,

On the homepage, when I click the “+more” button, the posts load above, making me having to scroll up to see the loaded posts instead of scrolling down. How can I fix it so that it’ll load the more posts below and I’ll just need to scroll down?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That’s strange, something isn’t right there. This is what it should do: https://www.screencast.com/t/3itaa9Q54

Do you have a staging site where you can deactivate your other plugins/functions/CSS to see if something is conflicting?

Jee

Hi Tom,

I just deactivated plugins one at a time and it’s still loading it above. It only seems to do it on Chrome. On Firefox, it’s working as it should. What else could be causing this to happen if it’s not a plugin conflict?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m definitely still seeing some caching plugins activated currently.

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium at once and let us have a look?

Thanks.

Jee

Hi Leo, I turned off the two caching plugins. I can’t turn off all plugins at the moment.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am seeing an JS error in the console related to AdThrive ?
    Do you know what this is related to? I assume adverts – can this be disabled to test for conflict.

Jee

Hi, I don’t think it’s AdThrive since I have another site that doesn’t have that plugin that’s doing the same with the “+more” button. I’ve linked the other site in the original question at the top. I just turned all plugins on that site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re Coffee site behaves differently. It is loading the Posts below the content but it is not maintaining the current scroll position.

If you go to Tools > Site Health – are there any issues reported?

Jee

No issues reported, but there are 4 recommended improvements:
    – you should remove inactive plugins
    – have a default theme available
    – your site is running an older version of PHP (7.2.17) which would be updated
    – one or more recommended modules are missing

For both sites, clicking the “+more” button loads the posts above the scroll position.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be necessary to create a staging site so you can un-pick it completely (deactivate plugins, remove custom functions, CSS etc..) without affecting the live site. Something must be happening to cause the issue to happen locally for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.