More Blog Layout Options: Grid, list with alternating image

Home Forums Support More Blog Layout Options: Grid, list with alternating image

Home Forums Support More Blog Layout Options: Grid, list with alternating image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hans Christian Siller

Hi,

I just bought the premium package and tried out the Blog options. I really like a compact blog view, but I found the masonry layout to be too confusing visually, especially since the size of the tiles varies.

So here’s my suggestion for the Blog plugin: Add the following layout options (based on the most popular themes in the WP repository)

• Masonry layout with fixed width (like in the Baskerville theme)
    • Grid layout with fixed width. Should offer choice between 2-4 columns. Unlike in the Masonry layout, posts are here aligned horizontally as well.
    • Grid layout with flexible width (ie all elements have same height and are on same line.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the suggestions!

I’m definitely looking into making the Blog addon more robust and powerful – I’ll definitely take these into consideration.

Thanks again, I appreciate it! πŸ™‚

Ross Robson

You could add an option in the blog addon settings to enable sharing buttons on blog posts too :D, i know we can get plugins for this but be cool to have the option in generate press itself πŸ˜€

Ross Robson

For the time being how could i place the share buttons to the right of the post and inline with the category and comment links? http://www.calstepdartswales.co.uk/news/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is something you’d be better off using a plugin for.

I could include it in GP, but there’s no real point as there’s plugins out there that focus 100% on share buttons, while GP needs to focus on a lot of other things at the same time.

Check out Shareaholic – it’s a pretty awesome plugin and should do what you’re looking for.

Timothy Ajayi

Hi Ross Robson,
    I love the Scroll to Top plugin you used on your website, please what’s the name?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like it’s included in the theme he’s using.

Maybe give this one a try?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpfront-scroll-top/

Diane

I don’t use the masonary option. because i am using the lazy load on the images. also i don’t like the load more.. since i’ve been searching the web and it’s saing it’s not good for SEO. google can’t index the pages.

i used the normal blog lay out. http://iheartwebshops.nl/category/business/ but i still want 2 columns next to each other… is this possible? and if so.. how?

thank you in advanced.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Not too sure about masonry not being good for SEO – those pages still exist and are accessible for humans and search engines, the load more just makes it a bit better for humans.

As for two columns, our latest version of Blog/GP Premium includes this option in “Customize > Blog > Columns”.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Diane

Oh my.. Can you read my mind?? The add ons are the best buy i ever bought!!
    Thank you so much for this amazing theme. and thank you for your great support on the theme!!
    You’re the best!

Diane

just one question…

how can i change the space between the image and the title under the image?

i just want to show the image and link title of the post.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can give this a try:

.post-image {
        margin-top: 10px;
    }
    Diane

i used .post-image {
    margin-top: 10px;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

since i want to delete the space between the image nd i want the title right under the image without any space.. but it does not work:(

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, didn’t know your post image was above.

Try this:

.post-image-above-header .post-image {
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }
    BarnaB

Hi Tom,

Any recommendations how to achieve this list layout ?

(full 4:3 image no borders beautiful)

Also…if i set a post to video post type : how can it have a similar small indicator that it is a video in the blog list ?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.