Home Forums Support #more-6

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi,
    I am moving a site to GPP and have got a plain front page whilst I work on things. I have added a latest-posts blog to show 5 posts on the front page and all looks fine until I save the page and view it in a browser. In the preview, the post excerpts read fine and link to the article post but in browser mode the read-more button for each post links to ../#more-6.

Is this me messing things up or something to do wtih GPP / WordPress?
    Thanks for taking a look.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this document explains how to remove the more jump link:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_more_jump/

Michael

Thanks David,
    is there a reason why this happens, the link works fine in preview but becomes the more link when viewed in the browser.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its a default behaviour when using the More tag in your posts – the link takes the user straight to where the excerpt finishes.

Michael

I don’t really get that as the ‘read more’ button (x5 on the page) all get the same url of #more-6 and when the button is pressed there is no action taken and the link does not take me anywhere.

Michael

Hi,
    I just changed the Blog setting to show text rather than a button for read-more. Now the homepage links all point towards the home page and not the articles. Surely the links should be pointing to the article?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i just checked your site and you’re using the Latest Posts block – that looks to be a known bug with that core block:

https://github.com/Codeinwp/neve/issues/1642

Michael

Thanks David,
    Sorry to bother you with this, I thought it was a GPP issue rather than WordPress. Much appreciate your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – next time ill look at the site before i make conclusions.
    Personally i still use WP Show Posts for that purpose – it may not have a visual editor yet but it works 🙂

Michael

I will look into WP Show Posts if that will do the same job for me, I have not found something in ‘site-library’ for our Association although suspect there is one. In the meantime, I am treading carefully with GPP but could really do with a Dummies book! LOL!
    Unbelievably great support from the forum here, thanks massively!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.