[Support request] Modifying Post meta

Home Forums Support [Support request] Modifying Post meta

Home Forums Support Modifying Post meta

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Eli

Hey guys,

I’ve been using generatepress on one of my sites and absolutely love it. However, I was wondering if it’s possible to modify the post meta at the top.

Currently it doesn’t display the post title and I was wondering about some additional edits.

So in the green area I’d like to display the post title.

In the blue highlighted area id like to prefix that with Posted:

In the orange area I was wondering if it was possible to utilize Font awesome icon’s such as Comment Icon (number of comments) Some Icon (number of content views)

I’m not quite sure how to achieve the result I’m looking for. Any help is appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Let’s solve one thing at a time.

The post title for single posts should show by default. Is it not showing in all of them?

If so can you check if you’ve accidentally created a layout element that’s hiding them?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Let me know πŸ™‚

Eli

Hey Leo,

You were right, for some reason I disabled the page title months ago for some strange reason. So that’s re-enabled.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so next one is adding Posted on the meta?

Can you enable the date and author in single post first?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/#single

Eli

That’s already enabled.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you guide me to a single post that’s not using a template?

Eli

I’m not sure what you mean?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I clicked on the “Advanced Truck & Auto” article from the home page and don’t see the meta.

Looks like it’s using some sort of specific template though.

Now I just checked the next article “What Are Some Healthy Snacks for Truck Drivers?” and see the meta. Try this CSS:

.entry-meta .posted-on:before {
        content: "Posted on: ";
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Eli

That’s not one of our articles πŸ˜› Now I understand the confusion. You happened to land on our Roadside Repair Vendor Locator, specifically a single vendor listing.

If you scroll down to the trucking news section that’ll land you on a normal blog post.

Eli

And your css modification worked, woohoo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So next one is content views, there isn’t anything built in for that.

Have you found a plugin you like?

Eli

I’ve looked and saw a few that haven’t been updated in months. I think there was one that was up to date but when enabled it didn’t add a views count. Even disabled my caching plugin to see if that was the issue.

I also found some code snippets that claimed they could be added to show post views, however when I tried to DIY it, the site threw an error. Mainly when I tried to add the code snippet that was required in the while loop in the single.php file.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d say that plugin route is probably the way to go if post content views is a required element.

Are you trying to make the entry meta more attractive?

What about an example like this?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/entry-meta-style/

Eli

I would agree that a plugin is essentially easier. The problem is, there’s not any that I can find that work.

I do like the first version of the entry meta and thought about implementing it.

I will try to find a plugin that can add the desired elements to the meta I suppose, appreciate your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.