[Resolved] Modify Mantle Child Theme Colors via functions file?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Modify Mantle Child Theme Colors via functions file?

Home Forums Support Modify Mantle Child Theme Colors via functions file?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul

I tried modifying the Mantle child theme’s colors via the functions.php file, without success. Is there any way to do this? I’d rather not have to change it via custom CSS if possible. Cheers!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What are you trying to modify?

The customizer options won’t work?

Paul

I recently started playing around with the GP child themes (Mantle, Forefront, etc) and noticed that colors, typography, etc were set in the functions file, so I tried to bulk modify all the colors via the functions.php file (change the blues to greens, etc). Color and typography options in the Customizer are limited when not using GPP — which I have, but it is not installed on this particular site. Is there any way to modify Mantle’s colors via its’ functions.php file on a live site — or do the colors, typography and other customizations in functions.php need to be modified before the theme is installed? Seems to me that customizing and color-themeing a site would go a lot faster via functions rather than the Customizer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Those values you’re seeing are defaults, meaning they will apply only if the Customizer hasn’t been saved.

Once the values are saved, GP will take the values from the database instead of the functions.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Paul

So its acting only as an initial setup file for the theme, but modifying it once the theme is activated won’t change anything. Is it essentially a functions.php version of GPP export settings files?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Exactly. All of our settings have defaults to them, which we can filter.

However, those defaults only apply when nothing exists in the database for that value.

Paul

OK, cool. This is very good to know! Thanks so much, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.