[Resolved] Mobile site menu and images not showing ONLY when not logged in to wordpress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile site menu and images not showing ONLY when not logged in to wordpress

Home Forums Support Mobile site menu and images not showing ONLY when not logged in to wordpress

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Hello!

As the title says, website loads properly only when logged into WordPress. Tried on firefox, chrome, and edge, as well as on mobile browsers.

Menu seems completely unusable in mobile/responsive view. Hamburger menu won’t open when clicked. Another major issue is the picture gallery I’m working on doesn’t load properly at all in mobile view or desktop view when not logged in.

Text also looks different as well. I seem to be getting flashes of blank text/noticeable resizing issues of text when loading as well.

I have recorded a video of what I’m talking about. You can see it at:

Problems with menu and pictures loading when not logged in

Also, since I use Elementor, I have contacted their support and have been met with this response:

“The menu doesn’t seem to be created with elementor so in such a case, this is actually out of our support scope and you need to check with the theme author to see why the issue happens. I could see a console error from your theme that you use which could be the cause of breaking functions on your site. So test with switching to another theme and see how it goes.”

I did try switching the theme and it didn’t help at all. So, I am kind of at a loss right now what to do. I’ve been trying to fix this for awhile so any ideas would be great.

Regardless, thanks again for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

When a site functions differently depending on whether you’re logged in or out, it typically points to caching. Caching isn’t usually enabled for logged in users.

The first thing to do is to disable all caching plugins, or clear any server caching.

You have a javascript error here which would prevent other javascript from working on the site: https://www.screencast.com/t/ak95DjpfkX

I believe that file belongs to Swift Performance.

Adam

Hey Tom,

Thank you so much for your time and help.

I disabled Swift and it worked! You rock!

I didn’t know caching plugins could cause such problems.

Does this mean that I shouldn’t use any caching plugins anymore with GP? Or do you recommend I should use a different caching plugin? Everything was fine about a month and a half ago. Around then problems started cropping up (finally coming to fruition with the menu ordeal).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There might be some settings in Swift that needs to be toggled off.

We actually don’t use caching plugins and only use Autopimize.

Adam

Hey, thanks for your help Leo!

I’ll try change some settings and see if that helps with it. Otherwise I’ll try using Autopimize.

Have a good day!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.