[Resolved] Mobile Menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mobile Menu

Home Forums Support Mobile Menu

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you zoomed in or something? Not noticing anything on my end.

Garth Dryland

My display like other HD displays tend to default to 125% so I retested using 100% display and with browser on 100% and I couldn’t see the issue however at 125% I could.

So its not happening with 100% display and 100% browser but with the other 3 variants it does and potentially at other percentages I haven’t tested but only when the MS Edge browser to my knowledge.

You also may not see the menu items loose all padding/margin. That issue isn’t constant however I have seen it on 3 occasions over the last 3 days.

Some of the menu movement is very minimal however it is generally moving 1-5px and up to about 20 or more.

Garth Dryland

Tom FYI

I also just tried testing on another laptop which is a different brand, plus its not HD display.
    Using MS Edge I see the issue at 125% with viewport of around 1360. 1366 is max display width.
    The only issue I see so far on this laptop is with the sticky menu which is moving about 1-2px.
    Therefore it seems more obvious on HD so I would assume UHD would be even more obvious.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This just looks like a rendering issue in Edge – it’s full of them as it’s still a relatively new browser.

The sticky CSS is just position: fixed – nothing crazy going on there.

I wouldn’t dig too much into resizing your browser at different zooms inside Edge – you’ll find a lot, not just with GP.

Garth Dryland

Okay, that’s highly likely knowing MS products.

I’m not really swapping testing the percentages as much as just using them.

You may not noticed to much because you may use firefox/firebug mostly however to make the Edge and Chrome display web sites the same (size wise) the Edge and Chrome need to be at 125% to appear the same as firefox at 100%

It’s a development necessity for me more than anything.

PS: Wondering when the latest updates will be released?
    Keen to see if the changes sort my other menu issue.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hoping to get the next update out tomorrow πŸ™‚

Garth Dryland

Hey Tom

Just wondering if this update was released. I don’t recall seeing it ?

It also appears google did a chrome update.

The bookmark icons etc now appear larger and so is the content displayed by approx 25%
    This appears to have altered what was happening previously with respect to the menu.

I just noticed this so will keep testing.

Have you noticed any changes to your chrome browser over the last week or so ?
    Its happened on at least two computers here so far.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your Chrome update adjusted the content size of the sites you view? You have something funky going on – if they did that there would be an uproar πŸ™‚

Update isn’t ready yet, but if you’d like to test it before release just shoot me an email.

Garth Dryland

Yeah it’s resized the sites content by like 25% including the bookmarks icons etc. Typically the bookmarks were also sitting horizional whereas now they’re vertical and the colour has changed to a light yellow.

Refer screenshot with chrome at 100% and the HD display of 1920×1080 at 125%

At first I though it was something funky so I restored my last image using my typical Win 10 method Macrium Reflect which is the best of what I could find and it works very well.

Unlike the Win 10 built in backup, MR only gives you back what you imaged, unlike with a Win 10 backup which isn’t an exact mirror image.

Consequently this reverted my chrome back to how it use to be. I continued working using chrome and about two or three days and it reverted back to the enlarged size.

So I checked my wife’s computer and the same thing happened on there. I also just today checked our employees computer and the same thing has happened on that too. All these computers and typically used for different things too so its unlikely we visit the same sites etc etc so I cant see it being anything but a chrome update.

I also know that when chrome changed on my compter the second time, I was doing things I know for a fact the other uses would never do on theirs.

Maybe it hasn’t rolled out there yet?

I would be interested to know if you or anyone else have seen or see this happen in the future.

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 and have 3 HD screens – not noticing anything.

What’s the issue you’re seeing? I’m not seeing anything weird with your screenshot.

Font sizes are set in GP using pixels, so not matter what the browser does, a pixel is a pixel.

Garth Dryland

Nothing wrong with it that I’m aware of other than google changing it.
    This thread was also referencing browser sizes which have now changed.
    Also keen to know if anyone else has seen chrome change like this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool – I’ll be on the look out πŸ™‚

Garth Dryland

Looks like I’m not the only one experiencing this so expect it to happen unless Goolge change it back.

See these chrome update comments

and here to by the looks of it.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.