[Support request] Missing Menu when using Elementor Single Post Template

Home Forums Support [Support request] Missing Menu when using Elementor Single Post Template

Home Forums Support Missing Menu when using Elementor Single Post Template

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi,

For most websites I use GeneratePress premium with Elementor Pro. There is one website though where currently we are using the free version of GeneratePress. I can update to premium if it will fix this problem but I don’t think it will. We have a left side vertical menu that appears on all pages, including the blog page. The page content is created using Elementor Pro. For the blog posts themselves though we are using an Elementor Pro single post template rather than the WordPress theme default. I’ve used this many times before without issue. However this time for a reason I can’t fathom the menu fails to show. I’ve reached out to Elementor support who looked at it and could not find a reason. They suggested I contact you as the menu is controlled by the theme.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try going to your list of templates, Quick Edit the Single Post template, and select Template: Default Template instead of Elementor Full Width – and let us know if the Sidebar returns.

Gary

Hi,

According to the settings it was set to default. I tried to change it to Elementor Full Width to see if any difference and no change. Please advise.

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just to confirm, the sidebar shows if you create a post using the default editor?

The mobile menu toggle also isn’t showing on single posts either. Do you have any functions added that might be removing the primary navigation?

Gary

Hi,

By default editor do you mean WordPress default? To be clear the Elementor single post template is being used rather than using WordPress. I’ve done this on many websites and in each case it will bring in the header and footer from the theme. The footer is showing but as you say the menu isn’t. I agree the navigation hangover hamburger doesn’t show on mobile either but I don’t know why. If I look at settings for single post template it does show as default template.

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

By default editor do you mean WordPress default?

Yes – it’s just a test. Does the menu display normally when you go through the standard procedure of Add Post?

I’m seeing the correct left-sidebar classes from GP in single posts:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/hq33TM9TfC

Gary

OK if I delete the Elementor single post template then the menu does show. It seems that if I use Elementor rather than default WordPress to style my single post it does not bring in the menu, even though the menu appears fine on pages which are also created with Elementor.

As stated I have created many websites using the Elementor Pro and GeneratePress combination. This is the first time where this has happened. The theme footer gets imported but not the menu.

Do you need login details to look deeper?

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance you can ask Elementor to dig deeper first?

I really doubt this is a theme issue as the problem is with Elementor single post template and it has worked for you before.

Maybe show their support the case when it did work vs when it doesn’t work and see if they can spot the error?

Gary

Hi,

I think I’ll just begin switching all my websites to the hello theme as this back and forth blaming between elementor and GeneratePress gets tiresome.

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elementor’s support is known to blame themes for issues they cannot figure out.

Since it worked for static pages as your home page and also works when Elementor’s single post template is removed, I really don’t see how this could be a theme issue.

It just might be worth to check with them again and see if they are able to take a look at the single post template deeper and identify the issue.

One last thing to try is to use a GP’s parent theme and see if that helps at all.

Gary

I have contacted them again. I’m currently designing a website using hello without any issue and since it’s free I’ll probably start converting over websites to it so they cannot use this theme Vs page builder conflict.

Gary

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.