[Support request] Missing hamburger icon and scroll to top icon

Home Forums Support [Support request] Missing hamburger icon and scroll to top icon

Home Forums Support Missing hamburger icon and scroll to top icon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Hi Tom,
    I’ve migrated my beta site to a different host and updated the site name and now the hamburger menu and scroll to top icons are missing on mobile. I’ve purged all caches and it hasn’t alleviated the problem. Any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you check in the Web Inspector ( Right Click > Inspect ) > Console you will see a number of CORs issues where various files are being requested from non HTTPS or broken URLs.

Rebuilding Permalinks using https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/ will help fix the broken logo.

To fix the broken urls to the icons, try uninstalling GP Premium and re-installing it should re-build the directory and links.

Paul

Hi David,
    Thanks for the info.
    I’ve rebuilt the Permalinks and the logo is ok but re unistalling GP Premium will that affect the layout of the site e.g custom CSS etc?

Paul

Hi David,
    I’ve managed to sort it. I removed the addition of www from the WordPress address and site addrss and now the icons have returned. Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you got that resolved. Settings are saved when uninstalling the plugin. So no loss of settings , but always worth making a backup if in doubt

Paul

Hi David,
    I’ve re-applied www to the site url in WordPress and to overcome the missing icons I’ve added the following to the .htaccess file which does the job nicely.

<FilesMatch ".(eot|ttf|otf|woff)">
    	Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    </FilesMatch>

Thanks again for the updates.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – and thanks for sharing your solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.