[Support request] Migration and Simple CSS add-on

Home Forums Support [Support request] Migration and Simple CSS add-on

Home Forums Support Migration and Simple CSS add-on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hans

Hi Tom,

during the migration from localhost I had some problems with Simple CSS. In the Export file of the database I found the following string:

“C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/simple-css/simple-css.php”

For migration reasons I think it would be more comfortable to use:

“http:// … /wp-content/ …”

using the base URL.

What do you think on this topic?

Hans

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How were you migrating? Simple CSS is built like any other plugin when it comes to stuff like this, nothing special going on.

Hans

Hi Tom,

this is an excerpt from wp-options part of MySQL:

(35, 'ping_sites', 'http://rpc.pingomatic.com/', 'yes'),
    (36, 'comment_max_links', '2', 'yes'),
    (37, 'gmt_offset', '0', 'yes'),
    (38, 'default_email_category', '1', 'yes'),
    (39, 'recently_edited', 'a:5:{i:0;s:75:"C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/simple-css/simple-css.php";i:1;s:89:"C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-add/public/views/index.php";i:2;s:83:"C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-add/public/index.php";i:3;s:77:"C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-add/readme.txt";i:4;s:85:"C:\\xampp\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-add/core_functions.php";}', 'no'),
    (40, 'template', 'generatepress', 'yes'),
    (41, 'stylesheet', 'generatepress_child', 'yes'),
    (42, 'comment_whitelist', '', 'yes'),

I use localhost for development and made no manual changes to core functions. As you see there are other files from wp-content, too. Doe this mean that I changed these files and it has no impact on migration? Do I understand it right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Not sure really, looks like it just stores your recently edited files.

Personally I suggest using a plugin like Duplicator for migrations – it makes it way easier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.