[Resolved] Migrating to SiteGround

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Migrating to SiteGround

Home Forums Support Migrating to SiteGround

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SEGA_IT

Greetings GP forum,

Apologies in advance for the newbie question; our website developer is fully occupied for the next few months and my colleague and I are working through a host migration.

We have encountered some difficulties manually migrating content for a subdomain from our previous provider to our new provider, SiteGround. Would someone kindly outline the exact steps to migrate (or reinstall) the GP portion of the migration and also at what point in the migration process these steps must be done?

FYI, we have the subdomain configured at SiteGround, and we suspect that installation of GP is fairly early in the migration process. Are there any potential licensing issues with having GP activated on 2 hosts at the same time?

Thank you in advance for your help.

UPDATE: I should mention that my colleague and I are normally working on backend components so we are novices on frontend components.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you tried using a plugin like All in One Migration or Duplicator?
    They simply wrap the entire site in a single package that you can import to a new domain.

If not manually installing the GP Theme and GP Premium plugin can be done on as many domains you see fit.

Joao

For sites up to 512MG try free all in one (https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/) as suggested above. You just need to have a clean wp install with all in one and import the backup file (previously generated in the site you want to export). Afor larger sites you have to buy it. Anyways, it’s one of those that you should really consider buying…
    Regards

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Since you’ve mentioned using SiteGround as host, it may be better to use their very own migrator.
    https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-automatic-migrator/

Are there any potential licensing issues with having GP activated on 2 hosts at the same time?

You can use your license to as many site you want, simultaneously. 🙂

SEGA_IT

Thank you all for your advice.

We had initially resisted the migrator plugins due to some access issues on the original host. We have since resolved those issues and have been able to use SiteGround’s migrator plugin successfully. It really was a very smooth and simple process!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.