[Resolved] Meta Description, Title, Keywords Bug

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Meta Description, Title, Keywords Bug

Home Forums Support Meta Description, Title, Keywords Bug

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tayfur

Hello, I was faced with a mistake in temples. I am using YOAST Premium, and the support team will indicate that the theme’s title tag, description, and keyword are duplicated. We’re waiting for your help.

Yoast Support: According to the tool which you are using, you have set a title and meta description (i.e. attached image). However, we did indeed find that you have 2 title tags (i.e. second attached image), which is an issue. This means that a different plugin (or your theme) is adding the extra title, which is incorrect and causing these issues.

In this manner, we recommend performing a conflict check to determine which plugin (or theme) is causing the issue. To find out, you should check the source code of your post after deactivating all plugins and re-activating them one at a time. This will allow you to determine which plugin or theme is adding the extra title.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

did you disable the plugins to diagnose what was causing this?

Tayfur

Yes, I have disabled all plug-ins and checked them out. But I did not find a fault. I started the debugger did not print any errors on the screen.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

With all plugins disabled can you still see the two title tags in the head of the document?

Tayfur

2 titles are not a problem. I do not see the headline, keywords, and launches that I added. I do not see it on the YOAST plugin. Header.php seems to add on this time does not appear in the description and key words. Would you be interested in submitting the information?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GeneratePress itself doesn’t add any meta titles, descriptions or keywords. We use add_theme_support( 'title-tag' ); which allows WordPress (and Yoast) to handle the meta title.

So you’re adding the description, keywords and title, and they aren’t displaying on the page you added them to?

Tayfur

Hi, Tom. This problem only exists on the main page. for example
    <head>
    <title> </title>
    </head>

here is the problem when I add it. However, when I remove the title from the WordPress panel, the problem is getting worse.

In addition, I add annotations through the YOAST plugin, but do not show it in the test tools. Would you please send me your login details in detail?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not sure I fully understand yet – sorry! Your title tag is empty on the home page?

You can send login details using our contact form: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Just be sure to mention this topic.

Kevin

What was the resolution of this?
    I am wanting to add a Meta Description to my homepage as well.

Homepage Settings –> Display your latest post

But I don’t know how to tell Yoast to put in SEO information on a page that only exists in the Theme code.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yoast should have options for the archives/posts page within their settings area: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/titles-and-meta-descriptions/

Kevin

Thanks Tom.

Sorry, I am still totally lost. I have Yoast SEO Premium installed on the site. The Homepage is jesusheals.ca

The home page is an auto-generated page done by the GeneratePress theme using the theme setting Homepage Settings –> Display your latest post. How do I tell Yoast to provide my personalize meta description for this auto-generated page?

Really loving this theme. I have already been referring it to others.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Go to “SEO > Search Appearance” and you’ll see the fields you’re looking for in the “General” tab.

Kevin

Thanks for your patience and answering this newbie type question. It is all working great now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.