[Support request] Merging search.php functionality

Home Forums Support [Support request] Merging search.php functionality

Home Forums Support Merging search.php functionality

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Terry

Hi Tom,

I’m working on a site that uses Modern Tribe’s The Events Calendar. When you search for anything that includes a keyword that might be used in a recurring event, it displays ALL instances of the recurring event. Not very intuitive from an end user perspective…

So I found some code that can be used to limit the search results that are generated, which requires modification of the search.php file and functions.php. I tackled the function part easily enough with the Code Snippet plugin, but I’m stuck with trying to figure out how to incorporate the necessary code into the GP version of search.php.

This link shows the modified search.php code that I need. I tried creating a new search.php file which I then uploaded into my child theme folder, but it broke my site (no doubt because it’s calling things my site doesn’t have). I don’t have the coding chops to figure out what to put where in the GP version of search.php.

I’m hoping you can help. Pretty please?

Thanks,

Terry

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Terry,

I’m afraid there’s a bunch of stuff in that search.php that isn’t compatible with GP, including functions and the overall HTML layout.

Have you asked the devs over at Modern Tribe if they have any suggestions?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.