- This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by David.
March 16, 2019 at 7:12 pm #841098TeckChew
I am trying to create a transparent header menu – content merging with the header. I followed the instructions in https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/#merge-with-header-elements but I am unable to get it to work.
I am using Beaver Builder with GP Premium 1.7.8
These are the things I did:
1. Created a primary navigation – Customize>Layout>Primary Navigation
2. Created a Header Element called HDR and enabled Site Header Merge Content. Display Rules>Location> Business Broker Page
3. On the Business Broker Page(which is also my Front page), I have disabled Header and Top Bar in Layouts>Disable Elements
Could you advise where did i go wrong. Thanks.
TCGeneratePress 2.2.2GP Premium 1.7.8March 17, 2019 at 4:27 am #841223DavidStaffCustomer Support
for the Header Element to work there must be something in the Hero Content. If you have no content for the header element then just add a HTML Comment eg.
<!-- Merged Header -->
Thus won’t display on the front endMarch 18, 2019 at 4:28 am #841986TeckChew
Can you be more specific. I have followed the instructions to a T as per your doc https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/#merge-with-header-elements
In the doc no mention that Hero Content is required. How do I check whether I have a Hero Conent.
TCMarch 18, 2019 at 5:06 am #842009DavidStaffCustomer SupportMarch 18, 2019 at 5:30 am #842031TeckChew
Changed the Display Rule to Front Page same result.
If I tried to add <h1>Text</h1> to my HDR (header) element, there will be a junk of white space between my menu and the plane background image.
my site is bizsupermart.com
RegardsMarch 18, 2019 at 6:27 am #842087DavidStaffCustomer Support
1. add the HTML comment as i mentioned above
2. Remove any padding that you have in the header element
3. On Site Header tab remove any value you have in the Offset Site Header Height
With the site header merged you can edit the colors for the header and the navigation on the Site Header tabMarch 18, 2019 at 6:38 am #842103TeckChew
Whether it is “<!– Merged Header –>” or <h1>text</h1>, it will insert a junk of space between the menu and the background image.
My original settings have no paddings nor any value in the Elements>Site Header
RegardsMarch 18, 2019 at 6:45 am #842110DavidStaffCustomer Support
Right so how the site is now is correct as the header wrap is in place and its merged.
You just need to edit the Navigation Colors in the Header Element > Site Header > Navigation colors. Set them to transparent and you will see the background behind them.March 18, 2019 at 7:15 am #842254TeckChew
Thanks!March 18, 2019 at 7:16 am #842256DavidStaffCustomer SupportMarch 18, 2019 at 7:22 am #842261TeckChew
I am happy that I can get it solved all within a short time. Thanks once again, David.March 18, 2019 at 7:24 am #842266
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.