[Support request] Menus appear twice site-wide?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menus appear twice site-wide?

Home Forums Support Menus appear twice site-wide?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric

Hey GP team, I have a question about the way menus are displayed?

At the moment for all my pages on my GP sites, I can see the menu appearing twice. Once for “primary” and once for “mobile”. This is a bit problematic for me because my menus are quite long and most of my articles are a bit on the short side… so it is messing up my keyword density ratio a bit. I’m not sure why it’s displaying both, maybe just to be ready for when someone has a mobile setup? But both menus are identical, so I don’t know why that would be required.

Is there anyway to force GP to NOT display a menu that it is not using? As far as my own customizer settings are set, I’m only using one visible menu at any given time, but GP is displaying both primary and mobile menus in the code sitewide, regardless of whether they are visible, thereby repeating all my KWs in the menus. I’ve checked some other themes I have and this is only occurring with all of my GP installs. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your time and help and more power to Generatepress!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Disable the Mobile Header in the customizer, this will remove the second navigation.

Eric

Hey David thanks for the reply… unfortunately, if I do that I will also lose the way it looks on mobile correct? Is there a way to keep the mobile menu appearance active but not double up on the menus? Or maybe a way to style the nav menu so that it still looks the same as with mobile menu activated?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Theres no simple way to ‘remove’ the mobile header and have it only appear on a set device size. The methods to do that with either JS or PHP may result in the header not appearing depending on the device or browser extensions being used.

As both elements are identified as a Nav i don’t think Search engines care that the content is duplicated, its quite common that menu items are repeated on a page.

We can assist styling the standard mobile navigation to look the same as the mobile header if you need to. Just attach a screenshot of how the mobile header looks and switch over to no mobile header and we can do that.

Eric

Hey David, no that’s cool man… thank you though for the offer and the explanation. I’ll just work on the logo a bit to flatten out the header and nav area so it also works for mobile. I disabled the mobile menu like you suggested and it sort of looks better than I had thought with landscape logos, and I get one less menu to boot. I think I just have to make the logos wider and it will work. Thanks again for the time… have a good one, David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.