[Support request] Menu Shadow

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu Shadow

Home Forums Support Menu Shadow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Antar

Hello, All –

I’ve never really understood why the “sticky” version of the primary navigation bar has a shadow but the fixed version does not! The shadow is a nice effect – so why not give users the option to switch it on and off as the design demands? Options could include the shadow being on, off or just on for the sticky menu.

Just a thought.

πŸ™‚

Antar

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i believe the style was added to give the sticky nav the floating effect. Not something that we thought of as an option as the CSS is pretty simple and people may like to change the shadow effect which could be a rather cumbersome customizer control

Antar

OK. Fair enough. However there is still something not quite right about the sticky menu. When you scroll down the page from the top the sticky menu is activated as normal. However, when you scroll back to the top, the sticky menu doesn’t swap back to the fixed menu. That means the shadow is left on.

This is quite annoying!

πŸ™

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm don’t think I’ve noticed this issue before.

Can you link me to the site in question?

Antar

Hi, Leo –

I’m just running some tests on one of my sites. Bizarrely it only repeats the behavious when I’m logged in….

It’s because of the WP admin bar at the top of the page. Doh.

The admin bar is stopping the sticky menu from returning to the actual top of the page even though the relative position is at the top of page – if that makes sense.

Antar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s strange. We haven’t noticed this issue either.

Is this only happening on one site?

Antar

No. All of them so far.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Don’t think I’m seeing it in my install:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/iCiS8ike4BW

Antar

Then I can’t explain it! All of my sites have some of the same plugins installed. I’ll go through each one and se if deactivating any makes a difference.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Might be good to use browser incognito mode to eliminate any extension conflicts as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.