[Support request] Menu Search Compatibility with Advanced Woo Search

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu Search Compatibility with Advanced Woo Search

Home Forums Support Menu Search Compatibility with Advanced Woo Search

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul

Good afternoon team,

Theme great, but I’m still having issues getting my search results to display how I want them too.

I came across a popular wordpress plugin called ‘Advanced Woo Search’, which gives a great search function for store-based websites.

Unfortunately, the main menu search function is not ‘compatible’ with the plugin, as it doesn’t seem to pick that search form up as a ‘standard search form’ for seamless integration with this plugin.

Are you able to make any tweaks to make your theme compatible with this plugin?

AND… are there any plans in the future to make the current search functionality ajax based?

Thanks,
    Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m not sure if it’s possible to integrate their plugin with another search form on the page. Do they have any instructions on integrating their plugin with custom search fields? If so, we might be able to get it to work.

Let me know 🙂

Paul

Hi Tom,

This is taken from the plugin settings:

In case you need to add plugin search form on your website, you can do it in several ways:
    1. Enable a “Seamless integration” option ( may not work with some themes )
    2. Add search form using shortcode [aws_search_form]
    3. Add search form as widget for one of your theme widget areas. Go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag&drop AWS Widget to one of your widget areas
    4. Add PHP code to the necessary files of your theme: <?php if ( function_exists( ‘aws_get_search_form’ ) ) { aws_get_search_form(); } ?>

Does that help you in any way?

Thanks,
    Paul

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i couldn’t see any way of integrating this plugin, their seemless integration applies to the WP Search widget / get_search_form() function.

I helped another user create a similar layout as the nav search with a 3rd party search widget – could help do the same if you’re interested

Paul

Hi David,

Not to worry about it. Thanks for looking anyway. I’d ideally like to have the main search function ajax enabled. Hopefully in the future something like this can be integrated…?

Regards,
    Paul

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s a long shot, but I wonder if this function will help?:

add_filter( 'generate_navigation_search_output', function( $form ) {
        return apply_filters( 'get_search_form', $form );
    } );
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.