Menu Plus sticky scrolling

Home Forums Support Menu Plus sticky scrolling

Home Forums Support Menu Plus sticky scrolling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rens

Great theme and add-ons, but I have a problem using the Menu Plus sticky menu.

When the height of the expanded sticky menu is larger than the viewport of my browser (latest Chrome on OS X El Capitan; 282 x 233 viewport), I am unable to scroll through the menu.

The issue also appears to be present at your demo website, http://demo.generatepress.com/

Another problem (?): when I open the normal menu using the “bars” button, again in mobile view, and then scroll down, the menu just opened doesn’t disappear when the sticky menu bar appears. This causes the sticky menu bar to display as on overlay over the opened menu.

For now, everything works well in my case because I have only 5 menu items to display, but I think these problems are worth a fix!

Rens

Rens

Edit to my previous post: no, it’s more than worth a fix. Both problems are really annoying ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is definitely an issue.

While sticky, the default mobile menu can’t be very large, or this will happen.

Looking into it, there’s not very many solutions with the way it’s currently set up.

The solution for now if your mobile menu is too long while sticky is to use the Slideout menu on mobile – it allows for longer mobile menus regardless if it’s sticky or not.

I’m on the lookout for ways to make the default mobile behavior work with a sticky menu as well.

Thanks!

Rens

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried your workaround, and it fixes the issue of overlapping menus – I guess by disabling scrolling of the page while a slideout menu is open – in Chrome on OS X that is. However, as can be seen on your demo site, the issue with scrolling on too long menus is still present. My settings:

Sticky Menu: Both
    Sticky Menu Effect: Slide
    Menu Logo Position: Sticky only
    Slideout Menu: Mobile only

On my iPhone 4, also using Chrome, the issue is still present with the slideout menu because it doesn’t prevent scrolling the page. In fact, since I can scroll the page while the slideout menu is open, I’ve noticed another issue: the slideout menu seems to be getting a fixed height when opened (the viewport? Sorry that I don’t have the time to check these claims.. ;). On the iPhone, the url bar disappears when scrolling and therefore the viewport becomes bigger. The slideout menu isn’t adjusted accordingly.

I’m hoping we can find some way to resolve this issues. I’ll see if I can look into the source code myself later this week.

Thanks, Rens

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The issue is still present on the demo site? It should have the slideout menu enabled, which does allow you to scroll down.

I’m aware of the page scroll and URL space issue – working on it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Rens

Yeah, when I view the demo website in Chrome on Mac and size the screen browser enough, the slideout menu isn’t scrollable.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you send me a screenshot to support@generatepress.com possibly?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.