[Resolved] Menu Missing in Responsive Mode

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu Missing in Responsive Mode

Home Forums Support Menu Missing in Responsive Mode

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

Hi Tom,

I was showing a friend my newest website https://caribecampo.com yesterday on my iPhone4 and realized that I can’t view the Menu. Not sure if it’s missing or hidden, but either way it’s not there and I was stuck trying to show her the pages I wanted to.

Can you help?
    Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mary,

You’ve added the entire parent CSS file contents into your child theme CSS file.

The child theme CSS file should only have your custom CSS – nothing else.

Once that is fixed your mobile menu should appear πŸ™‚

Mary Pearson

Thanks Tom. Hmmm, I remember there was a reason for me doing that. I will have to remove it to find out what it was. πŸ˜‰

Thank you so much!!!!

Mary Pearson

I found the problem. When I remove the style.css from child theme I get on browser page:

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /home/campo/public_html/campo-content/themes/generatepress_child/style.css in /home/campo/public_html/campo-content/themes/generatepress/functions.php on line 256

functions.php line 256 is

wp_enqueue_style( ‘generate-child’, get_stylesheet_uri(), true, filemtime( get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/style.css’ ), ‘all’ );

What should I change?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Don’t remove it completely – a child theme/theme requires the style.css file.

Just remove the parent CSS from the file, and keep your custom CSS in there/keep it blank.

Mary Pearson

Hi Tom,

I’ve done as you suggested but still no menu showing on iPhone. Any other ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I can’t tell now as you’ve added a caching plugin so I can’t inspect the individual files.

It may be that your minifying plugin is loading the parent CSS after the child CSS which is the wrong way around.

The child CSS should display after the parent CSS.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
    Mary Pearson

Sorry Tom. I’ve deactivated the caching and all-in-one security plugins.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This file still has all of the parent theme CSS in it: https://caribecampo.com/campo-content/themes/generatepress_child/style.css?ver=1458918705

That file needs to only include your custom CSS – nothing more.

Mary Pearson

Oh Tom, you must think I’m an idiot. I was sure that I had deleted all the content in the child style.css but when I checked, sure enough, just as you said, it was there. I’m not sure what I did wrong, but you were absolutely right, as usual. That was the problem. My menu has miraculously reappeared! Hallelujah! Thank you again so much for your patience with an old lady. πŸ˜‰

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy to help πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.