[Support request] Menu management

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu management

Home Forums Support Menu management

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    NBC

GP/GP Premium.

Looking for a little advice.

My menu system consists of three static pages, one post category, and one custom item. The custom item incorporates four post categories below it as subitems.

Two of those post categories point to a dozen items apiece. The other two include two posts each. Those numbers will grow over time.

I’d be fine with the idea of leaving the menu system at that. It’s clean and simple.

The only problem is that the minute the visitor lands on an individual post, the current-menu-item text color has nothing to which to apply. There is no current item in the menu that represents an individual post.

I’ve tried adding all the posts to the menu as sub-subitems. It’s way too long, and looks dreadful. (And the drag-and-drop required to do get all those items in there was a giant PITA!) As I add more posts, the menus will get totally out of hand.

Any suggestions for how to keep my original simple menu structure and still trigger the current-menu-item color to apply, either to the applicable category subitem or the main item itself?

I’m so close to being able to make this redesign live, but for now, it’s still running on my development server.

Suggestions welcome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m not sure I have any suggestions for that. The WordPress menu system knows the relationship between page and menu item, and adds classes as needed.

If a class isn’t added that shows a relationship, there’s not much you can do.

If you can find a class that’s been added that GP isn’t targeting, we might be able to do something 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.