Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Menu Item Width is not the same on either side of text menu item?

Home Forums Support Menu Item Width is not the same on either side of text menu item?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hi

I have a primary menu under the header and it is centred. The menu items are showing a width of 20px by default and I read the documentation which states this should be the space on either side of the menu item. This is inconsistent between menu items and some appear to only have a space on one side only.

Is there a way to make the space the same based on the longest text menu item to have a consistent spacing between menu items as if they were set buttons?

I have taken some screen shots of the menu to explain better, you can download from google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZOC9ZRZPU832J84lphdkAs4QXmTcWdvR?usp=sharing

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It seems the dropdown arrows aren’t being displayed. Are you using a conditional menu plugin?

Jason

Thanks Tom,

That was the fix even though at first I didn’t think I had loaded any conditional menu plugin.

It turns out that my membership plugin for this site is ActiveMember360 (https://activemember360.com/) and it has a menu extension which I turned on during setup with a check box and didn’t really think about again. This extension allows for different menu’s depending on Membership, Logged-in user or Logged-out user. It’s functionality is awesome, however it is not working with GP at the moment. I will let AM360 know that their extension is conflicting with GP, maybe they can release an update to fix this. There is nothing from your end that can be done, correct?

Regards,

Jason

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We only add arrows to theme locations we know about: primary, secondary, slideout

So, if a plugin adds a new location or changes a location name, the arrows won’t fire.

If we know the name of the location, we can tell GP about it and it will add the arrows.

Jason

Hi Tom,

AM360 have found the issue and will be providing a fix in a future update.

Regards,

Jason

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.