[Resolved] Menu icon disappears on some menu items

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu icon disappears on some menu items

Home Forums Support Menu icon disappears on some menu items

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roger

I have a menu bar at the top of my website and have a Facebook icon at the farthest right position (menu is also right orientated). I used the documentation to install Font Awesome and to create the custom menu item with the FB icon and link – all great!
    BUT, on three of the middle-ish menu bar items, the FB icon disappears when you access those pages. If you are on the other pages, it all works fine. The menu bar also appears to jump a bit sideways on those particular pages too – maybe that is part of it.
    I was using the older Page Headers module for the headers on all these pages and just switched over today, thinking that maybe that had something to do with it, but I still get the same disappearing FB icon using Elements.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like you’re still using Font Awesome 4 on most pages, but Font Awesome 5 is loading on those other pages from your accordion plugin.

Using Font Awesome 5 is the right way, so you’ll want to:

1. Deactivate Font Awesome in Customize > General.
    2. Use a plugin like this to add Font Awesome to your site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/font-awesome/

Then you’ll want to update your icon in your menu to use the Font Awesome 5 class names.

Let me know if this helps or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Roger

That worked great! Thanks, that was driving me nuts for a while.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem, glad I could help! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.