[Resolved] menu dropdowns are glitching

Home Forums Support [Resolved] menu dropdowns are glitching

Home Forums Support menu dropdowns are glitching

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi Leo, Tom, or whoever!

A recent update, I believe from 2.0.2 to 2.1, has messed up my Menu bars both in full screen and mobile modes. There are now two sets of down-arrows for submenus, creating an additional line of space in the main menu and generally messed up functionality, especially in the mobile mode.
    Deactivating Menu Plus restores the main menu bar, but removes the submenus from the mobile menu.
    So I’m stuck. Recent update to 2.1.1 didn’t fix it.

Thanks,

Stephen Johnson

GeneratePress 2.1.1
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s weird.

Are you using a caching plugin or server cache?

Stephen

Hey Leo!

This site is hosted by Siteground; they had me install their SG Optimizer plugin when I first set up the site. As a matter of fact, I manually updated this plugin recently. Hmm…

Here’s some info on SG Optimizer: https://wordpress.org/plugins/sg-cachepress/

What do you think? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re using a super old version of GP Premium.

If you update to 1.6.3, all should work nicely.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Stephen

Hi Tom!
    Love GP, by the way!
    I’ve been updating all along … currently at 2.1.1.
    Is 1.6.3 newer?

Stephen

Tom, not seeing on your site where/how to update to 1.6.3.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

2.1.1 is the theme.

The latest GP Premium plugin version is 1.6.3.

You can manually update like this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/#manually-updating

Glad you’re enjoying GP! πŸ™‚

Stephen

Thanks, will do!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Stephen

Hi guys!

I’m having difficulty upgrading GP Premium as discussed above.

I’ve done the first step below. But not sure how to upload the upgrades directory to my site. I tried using the Upload Plugins button at the top of the Plugins screen, but it wants a zip file, and your directions explained it couldn’t upload the zip.

1. Download and unzip the latest release zip file
    2. Upload the entire easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades directory to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    3. Activate the plugin through the β€˜Plugins’ menu in WordPress

So, how do I get the upgrades directory on my pc into /wp-content/plugins/ ?

Thanks!

Stephen J

Stephen

Okay, I’m winding my way down the rabbit hole. I have to say, the “Harder Way” option for upgrading the Premium plugin appears easier than the “Easy Way.” For now, I’m going to stay with the Easy Way. My apologies for not recognizing above that the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin is not your software.

Seems to me I should just install the Upgrades plugin’s zip file that I’ve downloaded onto my pc, so don’t know why they’re saying (in the list of 3 steps above) that the file should be unzipped and the “entire directory” uploaded.

So I’ll just sit tight and wait for you to confirm or correct my understanding about the Upgrades plugin. Sorry to be a pain πŸ™

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should just be able to install and activate the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin by searching for it in “Plugins > Add New”.

It will show up and allow you to install and activate it.

Once that’s done, upload the gp-premium.zip file like you would when freshly installing the plugin (Plugins > Add New > Upload).

Let me know if that helps or not πŸ™‚

Stephen

Hey Tom!

Now THAT was easy!!

I uploaded GP Premium from my pc since I had already downloaded the zip file (via your Stacey video instructions).

Settings all intact. Menu issue fixed πŸ™‚

Much thanks!!

Stephen J

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad you got it sorted! πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.