[Resolved] Menu dropdown arrows not appearing on GoDaddy Managed WordPress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu dropdown arrows not appearing on GoDaddy Managed WordPress

Home Forums Support Menu dropdown arrows not appearing on GoDaddy Managed WordPress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    speerbot

Hi, This is an issue I have seen others post about, however, the solutions I have seen are different because this is a GoDaddy managed WordPress. The menu dropdown arrows and other icons throughout GP are displaying as squares. I’ve seen an HTACCESS fix recommended, but since this is a Godaddy managed wordpress site I don’t know how to put the fix in place.

UPDATE: I’ve determined it was the CDN that was blocking the web fonts. In the “Settings” section of the Managed WordPress, there is a way to toggle off CDN. In my case, this instantly restored the web fonts. And turning CDN back on broke them again, so I have left it off for now.

I’m curious, are there any known fixes that would allow CDN to be turned back on? Hoping to avoid GoDaddy support, of course, unless it’s the only option.

Anyways, hope anyone else with the same issue might get some help from the CDN fix.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

simplest fix would be Customizer > General and change the Icon Type to SVG – this will remove the need for the webfont to display the icons.

speerbot

BOOM! Thank you for that simple solution… and for saving me from listening to hold music today.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Brett

July 2021 – Thank you for this 5 second solution to my problem!!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad that was of use to you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.