[Resolved] Menu broken in IE11

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu broken in IE11

Home Forums Support Menu broken in IE11

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom

I’ve got a major problem with our blog.

Long story short, it works fine in Opera/Chrome/Firefox, but is broken in IE11. As you can in the image below, the Opera instance on the right looks perfect, while the IE instance on the right is broken. Both browsers are scrolled right to the top of the page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5kwu0hxi4p00fx/blog-IE-broken-NICU.jpg?dl=0

Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix it?

Thanks everyone!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Tom,

What that URL shows me is that the CSS files aren’t loading in IE11 for you.

I checked out the site you sent to my email in IE11 on my computer, and it looks perfect.

Can you clear your browser cache and see if that fixes it? Do you have another computer you can test from so we can see if it’s related to your computer?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Tom

I actually sent the link around to my entire team, who’ve never seen the blog until today, and it’s broken on all theirs as well.

And today was the first time I tried it on IE11. Broken, right from the start…

So, sorry, several computers, all broken on IE. Cleared the cache on mine, still not loading.

Help! We go live soon!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When you go to “Settings > General”, are the WordPress Address and the Site Address the same?

It looks like one of them may be set to an IP address while the other is the regular URL.

Both of those URLs should be identical.

Tom

Yes, those are both identical – though please not they’re not actually “northernicu.com.au”. They resolve to the original IP-based temp URL our host gave us.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the issue. You want those URLs set to whatever URL you’ll be visiting the site with.

Once you change it, you’ll have to re-login.

Then look at a plugin like this to find and replace the IP Address to the real URL in your content: https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

Tom

All right…

I tried it on my home PC last night, and it works! So I believe you.

I’m assuming it’s just our silly corporate install of IE (why won’t that browser just go away already?) and it will work fine for the vast majority of our users.

Thanks, Tom. Excellent customer support you’ve got going!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks good to me on IE as well – I don’t think you have to worry πŸ™‚

I agree, can’t wait until IE goes away completely (don’t think it ever will though..).

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.