[Support request] Menu animation

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu animation

Home Forums Support Menu animation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matthieu

Hello, do you know if it is possible to get a similar rendering of menu animation with generatepress ?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Matthieu,

Unfortunately something like that would likely require a custom javascript solution.

Matthieu

Ah that’s what I thought. The problem is that I can’t see where to place the js and the html. For the css I guess it’s in the additional css part.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Matthieu

Thank you very much for your answer. However, adding js directly to the hook doesn’t seem to work.

Another question, or should I add the associated HTML and CSS to the jss?

For the Css, in the customizer I guess, for the HTML, I don’t see.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Solutions like this aren’t typically very easy to implement.

Are you sure it works in a WordPress environment?

HTML would need to be hooked with the WordPress menu system somehow.

If the animation is a requirement then you might need to consider hiring a developer to do it for you.

Matthieu

Hello, In truth I don’t know if the animation works on WordPress.

I would have liked to make the display of the side panel more dynamic (Without going through a developer), that’s why I am learning about how to integrate the jss, css and html to be able to possibly recover a menu animation on codepen and try to integrate it on my site you see?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d say it’s definitely possible but I have a feeling that something like this would be pretty difficult if you don’t have any prior experience in something like this.

Matthieu

Thank you for your reply. I don’t want to bother you with this because I know this is not the place to ask this kind of question.

Can you maybe tell me where should I place the items below if I give you for example this?

https://codepen.io/gustavomodena/pen/adZgWK

I am not an expert in development but it is something that fascinates me, I always want to learn more.

Sometimes I manage to fend for myself when it comes to html or css, there with the addition of JS it gets slightly complicated since there is no indication on generatepress to place this element . (example the css goes in customize> additional css and for the HTML there is a container dedicated to that.)

Thank you very much for your time.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you maybe tell me where should I place the items below if I give you for example this?

https://codepen.io/gustavomodena/pen/adZgWK

The CSS part is usually placed within a <style>..</style> tag, you then hooked it to wp_head.

The JS part is usually placed within a <script>..</script> tag, you then hook it to wp_footer or wp_head if its a script for ads or if it’s not for manipulating HTML elements.

For the HTML, it really depends on where you want to put it. You can either add it as a custom HTML within the content through Gutenberg editor or you can hook it in with a Hook Element. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.