[Support request] Mellow theme – a few pointers please

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mellow theme – a few pointers please

Home Forums Support Mellow theme – a few pointers please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rex wickham

Hi
    I am loving the new site ‘Site Library’ feature and have installed Mellow on a new site. I have run into what I hope are minor issues.

1. I am using a logo that is 175px high. In mobile view, the logo covers over the mobile menu ‘hamburger’ : https://pasteboard.co/IfSHvOb.png. The moible menu isnt’ that great looking when there’s no logo at all in my view – needs a bit more spacing.

2. I want to use Excerpts in my posts, so on the home page I can control the text that is shown. However, when I enter some text as an Excerpt, the “Read More” button does not show. How can I get it back?

3. I’m really using the home page to display 4 key pages, but have created them as posts to work with this design. If I create more posts then they will mess up my home page. Could the home page only show posts from a specific category?

Many thanks, really appreciate the work that has gone in to Site Library feature.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad you like the site library ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Go to Appearance > Elements and look for the Header Element assigned to your pages.
    Edit this and go to the Site Header tab and give the Offset Site Header Height a value that is the size of your header and nav, which is currently around 340px. This will ensure that it always gets displayed. You can set this just for the Mobile value by clicking the mobile icon first.
    You may then need to edit the bottom padding of the header element depending on how it looks ๐Ÿ™‚

2 and 3. As the home page is set to Blog – yes any more posts that you add will be displayed in that list. You may want to consider setting the home page as static and using the WP Show Posts plugin (free version will suffice) to display those specific Posts – we can help with some CSS to make it look similar to the current layout. This will resolve the readmore issue.

https://wpshowposts.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.