[Resolved] Meet the Team: HTML& CSS, plugin or columns/grid?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Meet the Team: HTML& CSS, plugin or columns/grid?

Home Forums Support Meet the Team: HTML& CSS, plugin or columns/grid?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Giselle

Hi,

I’ve looked at various posts on this topic on your forum, but the most recent I found was from 2019.

I’d like a permanent solution to build a team page(s) for future sites I build.

In terms of site speed, build speed and the client being able to edit, which would be best?

1. A plugin like Team Pro – with options for different departments etc.

2. Using columns or a grid and adding HTML and CSS. I notice that you do this in some of your Site Library Themes. Would these be easy for clients to update? Perhaps by duplicating a container and editing? How do you add the social media icons to boxes?

3. Building a system with custom posts? This seems like a lot of work, but might be worth it in the long term if speedy?

Thanks for your help.

Giselle

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Giselle,

How many team members are we talking about here?

What kind of team page are you referring to? Is it complicated? Can you show us an example?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Giselle

Hi Ying,

It’s two teams of between ten and fifteen people each.

Just a standard team page (one for each team) with pic, text, email and social media icons.

In this particular case, each team member has quite a bit of text, linked to with a ‘read more’ button. I don’t have a layout yet, but their current site teamms are at the URLs below.

I’m interested in a general solution for all of my clients. Usually their requirements are above.

Thanks,

Giselle

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

So every team member will have his/her own introduction page?

If that’s the case, I would say a custom post type + a block element – content template applies to the CPT archive(team page) is the way to go.

Giselle

Hi Ying,

Thanks. What would ytou suggest if you don’t need an intro page, i.e. all team member son the same page?

Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Giselle,

If each team member doesn’t need to have their own team member page then you can skip the custom post type.

But this’ll mean you’ll have to create a column w/ its own layout for each team members.

I’d still recommend Ying’s suggestion though so the team member dynamically populates every time a new team member is added/removed through creating a team member post on the team member CPT. πŸ˜€

Giselle

Hi Elvin,

Thanks for the advice!

Giselle πŸ™‚

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. πŸ˜€

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.