[Resolved] May I ask, what plug-ins do you use on your site? Ex. For your knowledgebase

Home Forums Support [Resolved] May I ask, what plug-ins do you use on your site? Ex. For your knowledgebase

Home Forums Support May I ask, what plug-ins do you use on your site? Ex. For your knowledgebase

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian

Hi Tom,

May I ask, what plug-ins do you use on your site?

Ex. For your knowledgebase (or is that all simply manually created with your GP theme?)
    https://docs.generatepress.com/

Thanks, a WP newbie.

~Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This site has 34 plugins activated. Anything specific you’re wanting to know?

The docs is a theme I built from scratch geared only towards documentation. Might release it one day soon πŸ™‚

Brian

Oh my, so many plugins even for what appears to be a reasonably straight-forward site.

Lots to learn. One step at a time…

I would like a knowledge base for the fixed guides that I create and a wiki for the things that are cooperatively written.

There are knowledgebase themes, plugins & theme+plugin. I assume that if I use a knowledgebase theme, then I would lose the GeneratePress theme customization, so I was assuming that a plugin is better. Is it straightforward to use my GP header in another theme? (Would I need to manually replicate that process every time I change my header?)

There doesn’t seem to be a stand-out wiki for WP or a good integration of MediaWiki & WP (other than simply displaying existing MediaWiki pages on WP page), but a separate MediaWiki site would have separate user registrations unless I ask people to login to both using their Google accounts (probably best).

Background: I want to create a non-profit to make online educational resources more accessible to non-tech savvy Indonesians by creating a portal that lists the available Indonesian language course materials available on the web, allows users to add listings, comment on them and rate them. Plus a teacher’s forum and link the national curriculum and user-generated lesson plans to the course listings. Plus able to download the site and all creative commons materials to a cheap portable offline server using Rachel Offline by http://worldpossible.org. Right now, I am trying to create a prototype to exhibit my vision and coordinate the project. https://sparkyandbear.com (Just a structure so far, using WP multisite with GP. Will add some content today.)

Regards,

~Brian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s a definite shortage of good knowledge base/wiki plugins/themes out there, which is why I built my own.

If you use another theme, you won’t get any of the GP options.

There are some plugins out there though if you do a quick search πŸ™‚

drew

Tom: any word on whether you’re releasing that documentation theme anytime soon (as in the next two weeks)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Definitely not πŸ™‚

That’s a very long term plan.

drew

Gotcha, if you guys have any interest in making a version available, I’m certainly interested and am happy to arrange for a license.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It needs another week or two of development to be useful to others. Unfortunately I haven’t had that kind of time lately. It’s on my mind πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.