[Resolved] Max width of containers restricted to middle of page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Max width of containers restricted to middle of page

Home Forums Support Max width of containers restricted to middle of page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Neil

Hello,

The containers for each section on my Generatepress/Generateblocks website https://modern-care.org/ seems to be restricted in the middle.
    When signed in as admin everything appears to be full-width as normal. When accessing the website not signed in
    it seems to have all the containers restricted.

In Inspect Element, when selecting the sections parent container and
    disabling max-width: var(–responsive–aligndefault-width) seems to fix the issue.

I have no sidebars on and each container is set to be full width, with the inner container being contained to a
    width of 1140px. Im looking for the entire container to be full-width so that the background images can stretch across
    the entire screen, and the purpose of the 1140px inner container is to keep the actual content itself contained.

Thank you.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Neil,

I tried adding /wp-admin and /admin to your site URL to log in, but neither of them worked.

By looking at your front end, I can see that something is adding a max-width to GB containers to 610px.

Can you try disabling all plugins except GB and GP premium to test?

And what’s the WP version you are using?

Let me know!

Neil

Yes I will send the correct login path in the private info.

I disabled all plugins except for GP and GB Premium but still had the same issue.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the backend, they layout looks correct with full width.

It could be some plugin or custom functions adding that max-width, or it’s been cached.

Can you keep all the other plugins deactivated for me to inspect?

Neil

Yes I’ve deactivated all other plugins. Thank you for your help so far.

Neil

Also website is behind Cloudflare’s CDN, andI purged all the cache for the website on their side which leads me to believe
    it shouldnt be a caching issue, maybe from Siteground caching?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It seems all good now, so it should be a cache issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Now you can re-activate plugin one at a time to narrow down which one is causing the issue.

But it might just be the servicer cache which has been cleared.

Neil

Oh ok great! So it was a caching issue, was it with Siteground’s caching? Thank you for helping me out with this I appreciate it.

Neil

Looks like Siteground Optimizer is the one causing issues, I reactivated it and it shrunk down the content again. Atleast now I know that this is a caching issue. Thank you so much.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Try reaching out to the Siteground optimizer support, there might be some settings you can adjust to avoid the issue.

Neil

Will do!

Neil
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.