[Resolved] Max Mega Menu goes wonky

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Max Mega Menu goes wonky

Home Forums Support Max Mega Menu goes wonky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jonathan

Hi,

Not sure if this falls outside support scope, but I know Max Mega Menu has been used and suggested on the GP forum for years.

I’ve installed it for the first time on a site that is using Navigation As Header and for some reason it’s placing the Max Mega Menu to the LEFT of the logo. Also there seems to be some width constraint on the element because the words are all garbled.

If you had any thoughts, I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jon

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not familiar with Max Mega menu but are you able to use it just for the submenu where you want the mega menu?

Also are you just looking to do a simple mega menu? If so you could also consider our CSS solution:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/building-simple-mega-menu/

Let me know πŸ™‚

jonathan

Thanks so much for your reply, Leo. I was using the GP mega menu but the icons I placed in the links were lining up correctly. I basically needed something with more options.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you’ve made some progress?

The menu looks better now.

Are you using any special method to insert the mega menu?

jonathan

Thanks for checking back, Leo. Those changes are just from the plugin configuration settings.

The real problem, which I’ve been racking my brain over, is how the menu is placed to the LEFT of the logo.

However, when I look at the HTML, the logo is actually BEFORE the NAV in the order of flow. So I can’t figure out for the life of me why these two elements are swapped.

jonathan

Got it!

There’s a CSS selector I’ve never heard of, and it looks like it has something to do with the ordering of child elements.

When I set the “order” to zero on the .navigation-branding class, the logo and nav go into their proper order.

.navigation-branding {
    order: 0;
    }

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out πŸ™‚

Steven

Trying to GP to work with Max Mega Menu and mmenu.js. I think I have the mmenu.js working now. Just can’t seem to get the MMM to “take over” the primary nav from GP.

https://www.megamenu.com/documentation/installation/

Didn’t see notes on the MMM vendor site about GP integration: https://www.megamenu.com/articles/theme-integration/

I am suppressing MMM for mobile so that mmenu.js can take over GPs toggle button for mobile menu.

Test site: https://cityofbellingh.wpengine.com/

Thanks for any tips you can pass along.

Steven

It seems when the browser screen is between the GP Mobile Menu Breakpoint (840) and the Max Mega Menu Responsive Breakpoint (500px) the mega menu appears. But anything wider than 840 results in the MMM disappearing and the GP primary nav showing.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing the GP Primary nav – did you find a fix?

Steven

No – I just pushed the GP mobile break point to 4000 πŸ™‚

Still struggling with the best way to have mmenu.js, GP, and MMM coexist.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah right – nice move lol
    Not sure how all these menu plugins operate. What happens if you set the Customizer > Layout > Primary Navigation -> Location to No Navigation ? Probably will break the nav altogether….

Or assign an Empty Menu to the Primary Nav?

Steven

Not readily seeing that as an option.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

aah its not available if you have the Navigation as Header option selected.
    Try creating an empty menu and assigning that to Primary Nav instead.

Steven

I think that just blanks out both menus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.