[Resolved] Masonry Issue After Latest Update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Masonry Issue After Latest Update

Home Forums Support Masonry Issue After Latest Update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Garth Dryland

I now have a formatting issue on the first page of my blog following the latest update as seen below the first and last posts.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a screenshot of the problem so i know what to look for ?

Garth Dryland

Can you not see the massive spaces below the first and last posts on page one. It should be extremely obvious.

I had this issue a few months ago and it appeared to be to do with the Site Ground Optimiser plugin lazy loading however this time I have the plugin disabled completely? Last time it also affected page 2 but this time it’s just page one.

Before I disabled SG Optimizer this time I could see the issue in the admin area however after it was disabled it appeared to be fixed until I logged out of WordPress, where I could see this spacing issue was still occurring as shown in the images below.

I’ve never had issues trying to share images however I cant seem to get them to show now for some reason.

Issue below first post
    Issue below last post

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Your site doesn’t have any styling on it at all right now due to the Siteground Optimizer plugin returning 404s for the CSS files: https://www.screencast.com/t/lwD6Tjz5jT

My guess is that it’s causing the issue again, as nothing masonry-related changed in these updates.

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Garth Dryland

All the styling on the site’s front end looks fine to me other than this masonry issue Tom?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s what I’m seeing in incognito mode: https://www.screencast.com/t/1JmPxsFy4

Looks like the caching is holding on (maybe for logged out users)?

Garth Dryland

I just reactivated the SG Optimizer plugin and disabled the lazy load portion which caused the issues the last time this happened and the issue still occurs like it did when the plugin was fully deactivated.

Garth Dryland

I’m not seeing what you showed in post #1979216 Tom? The site looks normal to me across multiple browsers.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It seems working fine to me:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/V20a9kF0W

If you load the site in an incognito window, does it work correctly?

Garth Dryland

Irrespective of whichever browser or mode, what I see is shown in post #1979192 Zing

Garth Dryland

I think I may know what’s been going on now, at least to some degree with respect to some of the issues depending on setting activated etc.

SiteGround recently underwent a major DNS setup change to create faster load times with fewer requests by Centralising DNS on their own servers. Once I cleared the Cloudflare cache directly from within my Cloudflare account it fixed the main issue.

I do however also need to have lazy loading completely deactivated. I might just leave it like this for now and check again when the SG Optimizer Plugin is updated next. The current version of SG Optimizer for future reference is version 6.0.0 so it just went through a major change, including a facelift. The entire look and feel changed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Lazy loading along with masonry can be difficult, as masonry needs to re-initialize every time an image is loaded.

Glad things are working now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.