[Support request] Marketer Theme – Category Home Page Display

Home Forums Support [Support request] Marketer Theme – Category Home Page Display

Home Forums Support Marketer Theme – Category Home Page Display

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

On the homepage, is there any way I can have it to display xx amount of posts from xx category.

This is primarily for SEO purposes. We have some guides that rank well as well as some individual posts, which are in separate categories. I’d like them to stay on the home page for link equity.

If need be, I can combine them into a single category say “feature posts”. If that’s the case, is there any way to display just posts from a single category on the marketer theme?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you may be better off using a Plugin like WP Show Posts on a static front page to display your selected content:

https://wpshowposts.com

steveb4

Hello
    I installed the Marketer theme. However, I can’t seem to edit the ‘home page’ (see here https://snipboard.io/y42AY8.jpg). It doesn’t seem to be listed in the pages or the posts. What am I missing? Thank you for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Marketer Home page is set to Display the Latest Posts ( in Settings > Reading ) – and that being the blog page isn’t editable in WordPress.

If you can raise a new topic and explain what you would like to do with the Home page i can give you some options.

steveb4

Thank you David.
    Thank you for explaining. Sometimes it is the simplest of things that I miss.
    I just want a paragraph or two at the top of the homepage that quickly describes what the site is about.
    The rest of the page can be the latest posts.
    However, I may want to also include some special offers in the future that aren’t posts.
    I also don’t know how to edit the ‘Product Highlight’ in the right sidebar.

Maybe I should have a static homepage and then have a post grid block on the homepage for the latest posts? I can then also post anything else I like on the homepage. I can only do this with Generate Block though, is this correct?
    I’ve looked through the site library and I don’t think there is any other theme that is a simple as the marketer. Is this correct or did I miss something?
    Thank you for your help.
    Regards
    Steve

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe a good place to start is with a Block Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

Which you can set to Display on your Front Page

Then you can keep the current layout with latest posts 🙂

In the sidebar Product Highlight – thats just a Plain HTML Widget in Customizer > Widgets > Sidebar.
    It has been give its own style with this CSS found in Customizer > Additional CSS:

/* Featured widget */
    .sidebar .widget:first-child,
    .sidebar .widget:first-child .widget-title{
    	background-color: #83b0de;
    	color: #fff;
    }
    steveb4

I understand now. Thank you for your help David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.