[Resolved] Making GeneratePress work with the “The Events calendar” plugin

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Making GeneratePress work with the “The Events calendar” plugin

Home Forums Support Making GeneratePress work with the “The Events calendar” plugin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Maxime

I still have weird behavior with « The Events Calendar » plugin… month view.

It initially worked well thanks to « .tribe-events-view { flex: 1; } » added to style.css of the child theme.

But now, impossible to make it work again!!!
    The monthly calendar becomes tiny even with the widest container available.

On another test site, the monthly calendar was working well (with the addition of the above CSS snippet).
    Once the blog number of columns has been set to 2… the list view only used the left half of the available space and the month view became as described above.

It seems impossible to obtain a consistent, robust behavior.

Many thanks in advance for the help!
    The credentials of the test site are included on the private area of this post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

by default i wouldn’t expect the Tribes Post Archives to match the GP Blog Columns. Do you have any PHP Snippets that are setting the Events Archives to use the Themes columns ?

Maxime

Hello David,

Thank you for your prompt response.
    I understand your question.
    The test site that we have set up is completely new and contains hardly anything.
    The only “snippet” that we have added is, as mentioned earlier, in style.css : « .tribe-events-view { flex: 1; } » so as to ollow the monthly calendar to work with Flexbox.
    It used to work!

Best Regards,
    Maxime.

Maxime

Btw, you can play with the site as much as you need to. It has been set up solely to make “The Events calendar” work properly with GeneratePress.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The archive page from Tribe has a very different structure/markup from a default archive page in GP/WordPress.

I don’t see how a simple line of .tribe-events-view { flex: 1; } would make the columns work – it doesn’t make much sense.

Do you happen to have an example where it’s working? I’d think there was a snippet or some sort like David mentioned.

Maxime

Hello, Leo…

Thank you for your kind attention as well as David’s.
    David is right, there was also a snippet added in function.php. Here it is:

add_filter( ‘option_generate_blog_settings’, ‘db_disable_columns_tribe_events’ );
    function db_disable_columns_tribe_events( $options ) {
    if ( is_post_type_archive( ‘tribe_events’ ) ) {
    $options[‘column_layout’] = false;
    }

return $options;
    }

I did add it now to the test site which credentials I gave to you but… to no avail.
    The List and Day views work just fine.
    The Month view is a tiny calendar. The whole filter bar is gone. You can see for yourself: http://maximeh40.sg-host.com/events/month/

I did make the whole thing work before but… I don’t seem to be able to anymore.
    The test site that I have set up is totally clean.

If you switch theme to “TwentyNineteen” for testing purposes, you will see that everything works perfectly… without any snippets.

I am a bit at a loss as to what to try, mainly because the behavior is erratic (which does not make sense).

Thank you again,

Maxime.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be the lack of coffee this morning 🙂 But i am not sure i am seeing the issue:

Maxime

Indeed.. dear David… it seems to work now.
    Why now remains to be explained. Leo and yourself have witnessed as well the apparent dysfunction of the monthly calendar view.
    Why this varying behavior? Is it a cache issue (cache which I have flushed, btw)?
    All I have done since the last comment from Leo is test the monthly view with the TwentyNineteen and the Blocksy themes, with and without the style.css and the function.php snippets. They both worked out of the box.
    Well, I hope that it will hold and that a different setting in the customizer won’t have any adverse effect.
    In any case, your support (as well as Leo’s) has been prompt, kind and positive.
    So… thank you both!
    My very best,
    Maxime.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Switching themes is a significant change that would burst the cache so it sounds like a simple caching issue was the problem. If it happens again we can take another look.

Glad we could be of some help.

Maxime

Yes, David, thank you.
    Therefore, the two snippets are necessary still.
    Many thanks again,
    Maxime.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct 🙂

Maxime

Thanks again, David (and Leo)!
    Outstanding support and presence.
    All the very best,
    Maxime.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.