[Resolved] Make our site look like generatepress.com

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Make our site look like generatepress.com

Home Forums Support Make our site look like generatepress.com

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi Tom and team,
    We really like the look and behaviour of generatepress.com, the 2019 version, especially for mobile. Having read your article from last year about the new site we understand that you have done custom coding to make it like that.

We have just now made the switch to GeneratePress, and also purchased the Pro version (although not yet activated).

With us being quite novice in coding and CSS, how would you recommend we go about making our site (www.blojfri.se) look and behave like yours (save for the animation mode)?

Perhaps this discussion is better suited outside the forum, I just figured I post it here, since there might be more people who are thinking the same thing πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This site is actually quite simple if you deconstruct it. The only “custom” thing we had to do was use HTML blocks for the sections in our content.

Soon we’ll have our own Sections block which will make it even easier to achieve with less coding.

The base of the site is just a white background with a body background image set to the top center.

Is there a specific aspect of the site you’re having trouble with?

Perhaps a GP-style site in our Library is needed πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Tom,
    We are slowly getting there πŸ™‚ The current state of the site reasonable I think. Since we are aiming for a very fast site we have opted to not use a page builder, not even Gutenberg at this point in time. Thanks to your excellent support team I have been able to solve most of what I needed. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Great to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.