[Resolved] Sticky header and Navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky header and Navigation

Home Forums Support Sticky header and Navigation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

I have sticky navigation on my site, which I like, but would like to make the header sticky along with it. What I want to do is make the title & header image sticky along with the menu. This is important because I am trying to get brand recognition so I want that visible all the time.

CRISTO

Looks like I found the answer here

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup give that a shot. Let us know if you get stuck.

CRISTO

Thanks, Leo

Well, I don’t know much about GP Hooks. Was hoping for a simple css that would do the trick. If not, then I will try to devote some time next week to learning about hooks. So much to learn….so little time!

CRISTO

I tried this per an earlier suggestion
    .site-header {
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 2000;
    }

.container {
    padding-top: 120px;
    }

…it makes the header sticky, but then I lose the sticky navigation. I wanted both to be sticky.So for now I took that back off and still have sticky navigation.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can’t only make the site-header sticky, you need to wrap the header and nav in one element, which is what this method does: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-create-a-fixed-header-and-top-menu-in-the-generate-press-theme/#post-31579

CRISTO

Thanks, Tom. I had already read that, but not sure I am ready to try it. It talks about GP hooks, but not sure if that only applied to location of the menu in that particular case.

Will work on learning more about GP hooks before I try. Also, it is a bit confusing to me about adding css and then removing it. Will sit down and try to figure it out…I usually make things more complicated than they really are!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! If you go through the steps one by one, it will work. You can always reverse what you do if it doesn’t work ๐Ÿ™‚

CRISTO

Thanks. Get some sleep, Tom….you worry me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Haha don’t worry! ๐Ÿ™‚

CRISTO

I am a mother and a grandmother….it is my job to worry and give advice!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.