[Resolved] Make bbPress look like this?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Make bbPress look like this?

Home Forums Support Make bbPress look like this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Chad

Hi Tom,

I was wondering if you had a guide to making bbPress look just like you’ve made it look here on GeneratePress? I love the simplicity. The default look of bbPress is waaaay too cluttered.

I had previously found an older post you made about styling bbPress, but I’m assuming this mus of changed since then — since I did try that css and my bbPress forums look nowhere near as nice as these.

Thanks a ton!

Max

Hey Chad

I too, would also like to have a look at Tom’s (secret) CSS for BBpress.

There are a couple of plugins in the WordPress repository that will get you started:

BBP style pack

BBP Toolkit

The other thing you can do is use firebug. Just view you site in firefox then press F12. Then click on the small window icon left bottom so that it is blue. Then right click on what ever element you want to modify. To the right you will see its unique css element identified. You can use that in your custom css and style it how you desire.

Kind Regards

Max

Max

Tom

I have a couple of other things to add to BBpress wishlist:

1. Any chance I can have the snippet you are using to enable signatures. I can then put it in the functionality plugin I have created.

2. Do you have a snippet to add quotes. There is currently only ONE plugin in the WP repository and the UI sux and it was buggy on install.

AND

1. What is your reason for NOT running the snippet that enables tiny mce toolbar in replies? That is, why do you prefer the basic tool bar?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Kind Regards

Max

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Max.
    Roberto

BB styles on this forum are not actually “Secret”
    Everything is crystal clear if you look at the source πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Posted this a little while ago – not sure if it’s all of it, but it should be a good start: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/eb3c5b834e65b3a76756

Chad

Tom, that is perfect. You ‘da man!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy to help πŸ™‚

Max

Hey Tom,

I already found and ratted through your BBpress CSS posted on Github.

I can’t find the specific code for these three things (which are what interest me the most:

1. Removing the header from the top of the reply thread
    2. Putting the date meta and the post number meta on top of each reply box/section
    3. Removing the freshness column from hour forum index page and repositioning Topic and Posts columns to the right.

And any chance I can have an answer to my queries in post #204834 above. Or should I start and new topic?

Thanks in advance for you kind assistance.

PS. I would also love a copy of your snippet for your login/logout button in your sidebar… πŸ™‚

Regards

Max

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The best way to find that code is to use the Inspect element tool in your browser to find the classes of those elements. Then search the CSS for those classes πŸ™‚

The button is super simple:

add_shortcode( 'gp_login', 'gp_login' );
    function gp_login() {
    	if ( ! is_user_logged_in() )
    		return '<a class="button see-through login-button" href="' . esc_url( wp_login_url( get_permalink() ) ) . '">Login</a>';
    	else
    		return '<a class="button see-through login-button" href="' . esc_url( wp_logout_url( get_permalink() ) ) . '">Logout</a>';
    }
    Max

Hey Tom

Thanks for that. I will tinker with it and let you know how I go.

I have started another topic regarding bbpress functionalities.

Sorry….I have spent the last two weeks wrestling with BBpress.

Still not sure who is going to win.

Kind Regards

Max

Max

Ok.

Your snippet inserted in my functionality plugin.

Html button styled up.

But what do I enter as the href for the html button so that it links to the function code?

Kind Regards

Max

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You just need to add the gp_login shortcode (or change it if you renamed it).

Like this, without the spaces: [ gp_login ]

Dave

Can you update your BBpress CSS posted on Github?

I copied it and added it but it still looks a bit different than your forum (avatars are not on the right side et cetera).

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll try to find some time to update in the next day or so.

Feel free to use the Inspect element tool in your browser to look at the CSS here – only a couple of small things changed πŸ™‚

Dave

Yes, I will try to work with the Inspect element tool.

It would be amazing if you could update that file, let us know once it is done.

By the way, are you using any plugin for that reCaptcha?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.