[Support request] Make a section a different color for full page width when content is contained

Home Forums Support [Support request] Make a section a different color for full page width when content is contained

Home Forums Support Make a section a different color for full page width when content is contained

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leif

Is there a way to make the color behind a specific section a different color like on the bottom on this image?

from this middle of this page

nomadicmatt.com

The content is contained but the color spans the full width. I super couldnt figure this out.
    Many thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There is not a good way to do this with Gutenberg currently unfortunately.

You can full width option in page builder container:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Then add HTML blocks like this:

<div class="content-container">
        my content
    </div>

With this CSS:

.content-container {
        max-width: 1000px;
    }

Or consider using our Sections add-on:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sections-overview/

In the future we will be introducing Sections block to make this possible with Gutenberg.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Leif

Ooo OK the sections add in works pretty well for this and is easy but how do I align things in a row like in this pic within a section?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would have to implement columns to do that.

In our current Sections module, you can use a plugin like Lightweight Grid Columns.

It will be much easier once we’re able to release our Sections Block for Gutenberg. Soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.