[Resolved] Major problem with my GP premium license implementation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Major problem with my GP premium license implementation

Home Forums Support Major problem with my GP premium license implementation

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FridRick

Hi,
    After much essays and errors with WordPress themes, I became totally convinced of GeneratePress usefulness, and did thus purchase a premium license in January 2016. Got a license key, downloaded the gp-premium.zip file, but didn’t create an account.

Now, after a recent hostile hacking of my hosted WordPress, and as the site still was in its infancy, I just wiped all of it.

Problem is that after I installed anew a WordPress (4.5), the gp-premium.zip file I downloaded last January doesn’t work anymore: WordPress returns an error message stating that “the theme has no style.ccs file” (accurate French to English translation here).

As concurrently the GP “Updates” option* in the WordPress admin panel, that was the advertised other way to validate the GP license key, has manifestly disappeared, I’m at a complete loss as how to implement my GP premium license on this new WordPress install.

Thanks in advance for the solution,

FridRick

*Note:
    “1. Go to “Appearance > GeneratePress”.
    2. Enter your license key into the “Updates” box.
    3. Click the “Update” button next to the field where you added your license key.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress returns an error message stating that “the theme has no style.ccs file

This should help with that: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/missing-style-css-stylesheet/

Let me know 🙂

FridRick

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick answer!

Trying to install GP premium as a theme rather than a plugin was a n00b mistake from my part (forgot this part!)

After a couple of install-delete ops (right sequence being: install GP as theme first, and *then* install premium as a plugin) all seems OK.

Many thanks,

FridRick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it’s all working now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.