[Resolved] Main Menu Background Hover Transparency Bug?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main Menu Background Hover Transparency Bug?

Home Forums Support Main Menu Background Hover Transparency Bug?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Derek

Hi. My main menu hover background transparency is set, but is no longer working. This issue just randomly started, I have not installed anything new.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for taking a look!

Derek

UPDATE: Oh interesting…it’s only a bug when you first load when the page is fully docked at the top. So only the sticky background hover transparency is working. But the bug is only there when you first load the page, because if you scroll up/down the re-dock the page at the very top SOMETIMES the bug goes away. Note: my cache is off so it’s likely not something caused by css minification or something like that. I guess this is a real bug? πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Looks like the navigation color is set in the page header?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-the-page-header-site-header/#custom-navigation-colors

Derek

Nope. That wasn’t it πŸ™

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the background hover of the custom navigation color for this page header isn’t set to rgba(47,47,47,0.85)?

The code is suggesting so.

Do you have caching plugin activated again? I can’t see the source.

Derek

Hi. I have wp-rocket disabled.

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right now I’m seeing this as the set color in the Customizer: rgba(0,0,0,0)

Any chance you can switch it back so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Derek

Hi Tom,

I set the hover background back to default in the customizer.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So now I’m seeing it as #3f3f3f when sticky and not sticky. That’s not the value you have in the Customizer?

Derek

Yes thats the value I now have in the customizer because you has asked me to switch it back. It’s supposed to be transparent. I’ve gone ahead and deleted the #3f3f3f to make it transparent again, but the issue still remains: The hover background color is only transparent on sticky navigation. It seems like an issue with the page header.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So right now in your Page Header settings, the hover background option is empty? Where is this value coming from?: rgba(47,47,47,0.85)

Derek

Hi Tom,

Yes it’s empty. The value you referenced is coming from the advanced page header settings (see my last screenshot). I’ve since changed it to 32,32,32,0.64 to match the rest of the css, but that wasn’t the issue. The background hover color settings for the page header are also empty.

Would it be worth trying to migrate this to the new element plugin to see if that corrects it?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would definitely be interested in knowing if you can replicate it in Elements. Thank you! πŸ™‚

Derek

OH wow Tom it’s working now that I’ve switched to the new element plugin, but…now my logo is no longer appearing in the menu (only appears in sticky).

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That might be a bug. Did you upload a custom navigation logo for the Element in the “Site Header” tab?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.